First published in 1732, The History of the Puritans has been a historical standard on the life and times of the Puritan fathers. In The History of the Puritans, the influence of the Puritans in England is carefully documented and traced over the course of over a hundred years, beginning with the time of Henry the VIII. Daniel Neal, a minister and historian, tracks the Puritans’ effects on politics and social change, resulting in a dynamic and contextual exploration of this time frame. This set is essential for understanding how the Puritans helped to shape England, as well as comprehending the key events and figures involved.
The History of the Puritans is an in-depth study of the Puritans and the history of England. The Logos edition provides instant access to the influence of the Puritans, making study easy and comparable with other resources.
Get the complete set by ordering The History of the Puritans (5 vols.) today!
- From the death of King Charles I to the coronation of King Charles II in Scotland
- From the coronation of King Charles II in Scotland to the protectorship of Oliver Cromwell
- From the beginning of the protectorship of Oliver Cromwell to his death
- From the death of the protector to the restoration of King Charles II
- From the restoration of King Charles II to the conference at the Savoy
- From the Savoy conference to the Act of Uniformity
- From the Act of Uniformity to the banishment of the Earl of Clarendon
- From the banishment of the Earl of Clarendon to the king's declaration of indulgence in the year 1672
- From the king's declaration of indulgence to the Popish plot
- From the Popish plot to the death of King Charles II
- Title: History of the Puritans; or, Protestant Nonconformists: vol. 4
- Author: Daniel Neal
- Series: The History of the Puritans
- Publisher: William Baynes and Son
- Publication Date: 1822
- Pages: 517
About Daniel Neal
Daniel Neal, born in 1678, was a British historian and clergyman. With the publication of History of New England in 1720, he was awarded an honorary M.A. from Harvard College. Neal wrote The History of the Puritans between 1732 and 1738. He died in 1743.