Semeia is an experimental journal devoted to the exploration of new and emergent areas and methods of biblical criticism. Studies employing the methods, models, and findings of linguistics, folklore studies, contemporary literary criticism, structuralism, social anthropology, and other such disciplines and approaches, are invited. Although experimental in both form and content, Semeia proposes to publish work that reflects a well defined methodology that is appropriate to the material being interpreted.
- Key perspectives on biblical criticism
- Includes bibliographies and index
- Brevard S. Childs
- Nils A. Dahl
- John H. Hayes
- Douglas A. Knight
- Patrick D. Miller, Jr.
- Kurt Rudolph
- Lou H. Silberman
- Rudolf Smend
- Title: Semeia 25: Julius Wellhausen and His Prolegomena to the History of Israel
- Editor: Douglas A. Knight
- Publisher: Society of Biblical Literature
- Publication Date: 1982
- Pages: 155
About Douglas A. Knight
Douglas A. Knight is Drucilla Moore Buffington Professor of Hebrew Bible at the Divinity School of Vanderbilt University. He is the general editor of the Library of Ancient Israel.