Ideology of Ritual: Space Time and Status in the Priestly Theology examines the traditions of Old Testament priestly practices from a methodological and narrative perspective. Gorman analyzes several Old Testament passages to discover the impact of ritual on Israelite culture and the priesthood.
- The Praise of God as a Cultic Event by Gary A. Anderson
- The Prohibitions Concerning the ‘Eating’ of Blood in Leviticus 17 by Baruch J. Schwartz
- Jewish High Priests of the Persian Period: Is the List Complete? by John William Wevers
- The Deception of Isaac, Jacob’s Dream at Bethel, and Incubation on an Animal Skin by Susan Ackerman
- The Oaths of Amos 8:14 by Saul M. Olyan
- The Spectrum of Priestly Impurity by David P. Wright
- The Composition of Leviticus by Jacob Milgrom
- The Sin Offering Law in the ‘Holiness School’ (Numbers 15:22-31) by Israel Knohl
- Title: Priesthood and Cult in Ancient Israel
- Editors: Gary A. Anderson and Saul M. Olyan
- Publisher: Sheffield
- Publication Date: 1991
- Pages: 225
About The Editors
Gary A. Anderson is Professor of Old Testament at Harvard Divinity School.
Saul M. Olyan is Professor of Judaic Studies and Religious Studies at Brown University.