Prophesying the Past: The Use of Israel’s History in the Book of Hosea
Prophesying the Past focuses on the impact of tradition and history on the construction of the book of Hosea. Biblical scholar Holt examines the background of Israel to investigate how it is used in Hosea. She looks at common views of the book of Hosea, as well as presents new methodologies on tradition and redaction. Holt uses literary and theological techniques to search the text for meaning. The first part of the study is exegesis, followed by a section on prophetic tradition.
- Contains premier research of the book of Hosea
- Focuses on theological and historical ramifications of the text
- Includes an introduction to the subject, bibliography, and indexes.
- Title: Prophesying the Past: The Use of Israel’s History in the Book of Hosea
- Author: Else Kragelund Holt
- Publisher: Sheffield
- Publication Date: 1995
- Pages: 160
About Else Kragelund Holt
Else Kragelund Holt is Associate professor, Ph.D. University of Aarhus.