C. H. Mackintosh Collection (35 vols.)
The C. H. Mackintosh Collection contains thirty-five volumes of the most important sermons, books, and commentaries from one of Ireland’s most famous preachers and prolific writers. Charles Herbert Mackintosh appealed to the pastoral and theological concerns of ordinary people, connecting the richness of Scripture to the events of daily life—all while never compromising good scholarship. His approach not only propelled the early expansion of the Plymouth Brethren movement and fueled a revival in Ireland, but also set the precedent for preaching and teaching in the decades that followed.
John Darby once quipped to Mackintosh, “You write to be understood.” Now, the writings and commentaries of Charles Herbert Mackintosh are easier to understand than ever! Your Libronix Digital Library links the books, sermons, and commentaries included in this collection to your favorite Bible translations and Bible dictionaries and encyclopedias. That means you can perform concentrated and accurate research on Mackintosh’s books at the click of your mouse, or read all of his books with the rest of your reference tools close at hand. That makes the Logos edition of the C. H. Mackintosh Collection an indispensible tool for understanding the life and thought of one of the Plymouth Brethren’s most important preachers.
- Mackintosh’s most important commentary: Notes on the Pentateuch
- Thirty-four books, plus seventeen shorter pamphlets and tracts
Praise for the Print Edition
Man’s complete ruin in sin, and God’s perfect remedy in Christ, are fully, clearly, and often strikingly presented [in Mackintosh’s writings].
—Andrew Miller, a leader of the Plymouth Brethren movement
- Notes on the Pentateuch: Genesis to Deuteronomy
- Discipleship in an Evil Day
- Final Perseverance: What is it?
- Gideon…And His Companions
- "Gilgal": Joshua V
- Glad Tidings
- God For Us
- Jehoshaphat: A Word on World-Bordering
- Jericho and Achor, Or, Privilege and Responsibility
- Job and His Friends
- Papers on Evangelization
- Papers on the Lord's Coming
- Practical Reflections on the Life and Times of Elijah
- Prayer and the Prayer Meeting
- Reflections on the Life and Times of Hezekiah
- Regeneration: What is it?
- The All-Sufficiency of Christ…
- The Assembly of God: Or, The All Sufficiency of the Name of Jesus
- The Call of God, Or Reflections on the Characters of Abraham and Lot: Genesis XII–XXII
- The Christian: His Position and His Work
- The Great Commission
- The History of the Tribe of Levi Considered
- The Life and Times of Josiah
- The Life of Faith Exemplified: Being Thoughts on the Principal Scenes in the Life and Times of David, the King of Israel
- The Living God and a Living Faith
- The Man of God
- The Ministry of Christ: Past, Present, and Future
- The Ministry of Reconciliation
- The Remnant Past and Present
- The Three Appearings, also Legality and Levity (2 Vols.)
- The Unequal Yoke
- Thou and Thy House, Or The Christian at Home
- Thoughts on the Lord's Supper: Designed for the Help of Christians in the Day of Difficulty
- Pamphlets and Short Works by C.H. Mackintosh
- Title: C. H. Mackintosh Collection
- Publisher: Loizeaux Brothers Publications
- Author: C. H. Mackintosh
- Volumes: 34
- Pages: 3,061
About C. H. Mackintosh
Charles Henry Mackintosh was born in 1820 in Ireland. He converted to Christianity through correspondence with his sister and through reading John Darby's Operations of the Spirit.