The question Jesus asked the paralyzed man at the pool of Bethesda is just as relevant for Christians today who wrestle with the ongoing reality of sin in their lives. Author Steve DeNeff believes most Christians really want to be well, to be free of their destructive behaviors and sinful habits, but they just don't know where to start. Somehow they had been under the impression that becoming a Christian would automatically solve the problem, but it hasn't.
In this powerful book on personal change, DeNeff offers hope to Christians that, through the power of the Spirit, they can be whole again and live a transformed life—with purpose, contentment, and a strong sense of well-being.
Focusing on the seven most common spiritual problems we all face—the seven deadly sins—DeNeff points the way toward a life transformation through embracing the 7 Saving Graces. Readers will experience practical life changes as they learn how to cooperate with God, changing what they do as He changes who they are.
Find hope and wisdom for a transformed life of holiness with 7 Saving Graces. All Scripture passages are linked to your favorite Bible translation in your library. With the advanced search features of Logos Bible Software, you can perform powerful searches by topic or Scripture reference—finding, for example, every mention of "hope" or "virtue."
- Notes and questions for further study
- Includes bibliographical references
- In Pursuit of the Dream: A Passion for Wellness
- End of Innocence: The Persistence of Vice
- Flipping the Moon: The Power of Virtue
- First Class Way of Life: Wisdom in Place of Pride
- Common Cents of Heaven: Hope in Place of Greed
- What Lies Beneath: Love in Place of Lust
- What the Lord Requires: Justice in Place of Anger
- Moderation in All Things: Temperance in Place of Gluttony
- More than Enough: Faith in Place of Envy
- A Road Less Taken: Courage in Place of Sloth
- Back to Eden: In Which We Fell
- Title: 7 Saving Graces: Living Above the Deadly Sins
- Authors: Steve DeNeff
- Publisher: Wesleyan Publishing House
- Publication Date: 2010
- Pages: 224
About Steve DeNeff
Steve DeNeff is Senior Pastor of College Wesleyan Church in Marion, Indiana. He has more than thirty-five years of pastoral experience and travels extensively as a conference speaker and leadership trainer. He is the author of More Than Forgiveness and The Way of Holiness.