Learn to Do Word Studies with Logos Bible Software
Learn to Do Word Studies with Logos Bible Software is a computer based video course designed to teach how to do word studies in Logos Bible Software as you watch experts actually perform word studies. Learn valuable content about the Bible while learning method at the same time. The course features Dr. Michael Heiser and Mr. Johnny Cisneros, the authors of the popular Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software.
Having trouble viewing? Download the video in Quicktime: L2D-WordSTudies.zip (8.15 MB)
Learn to Do Word Studies with Logos Bible Software is designed to be a first step, a prequel to the more advanced Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software. It's that first bridge to cross on the path toward understanding the Greek and Hebrew underlying the biblical texts. The course is also quite useful to those who have some experience using Strong's Numbers and desire to expand their skills in Greek and Hebrew word studies.
While Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software included a section on word studies, Learn to Do Word Studies with Logos Bible Software presents more simplified word study methods and does not present tools or methods for working with Greek and Hebrew grammar. Learn to Do Word Studies with Logos Bible Software therefore aims to be more accessible to the user who has no background at all in Greek and Hebrew.
Learn to Do Word Studies with Logos Bible Software demonstrates Logos' commitment to provide tools to take you further in your Bible studies. No prior knowledge of Greek or Hebrew is required.
- Users can expand their skill set with Logos Bible Software while learning how to do effective word study that goes beyond old fashioned numbering systems.
- High-definition video lets you pause, playback, and review, allowing you to set your own pace.
- Over seven total hours of instruction for Greek and Hebrew word studies
- Learn how to effectively use the "Bible Word Study report" built into Logos Bible Software
- Learn content as we as methodology as you watch experts
- Discover effective ways to use reverse interlinears and lexicons
- No knowledge of Greek and Hebrew required
Benefits for Your Study and Ministry
Whether you are studying for your own spiritual enrichment or preparing a Bible study for church or small group, Learn to Do Word Studies with Logos Bible Software can bring competence and confidence in your study using Logos Bible Software. These videos will extend your range. They will teach you new skills. Go beyond your English translations with Logos Bible Software. Pause lessons, review previous material, and move on to the next lesson at your convenience.
Real Work with Real Tools
Logos has received a number of requests to create tools that are task oriented and will work in tandem with the content we provide. For years we have taught people how to use Logos Bible Software. Now we are teaching people how use it to accomplish real work in word studies, language studies, sermon preparation, and so forth. We are embarking on a long range project to teach people how to use the power of Logos Bible Software to extend their abilities. This is empowering. This allows the user to accomplish tasks previously possible for only the experts. Many will never have the opportunity to go to Bible school or seminary. Logos brings the Bible school and the seminary education to you where you are. If you have opened up the Bible Word Study Guide, but have been unsure about what to do with the information it provides or how to evaluate it, this video series can help fill in the gaps.
A Progression of Learning
Basic and intermediate learning tracks provide a method for doing word studies Logos Bible Software. The basic method provides the foundational skills necessary to navigate through original language dictionaries with good understanding. The intermediate method focuses on how to work with the “Bible Word Study report” from a reverse interlinear, and how to understand and use that report for word more effective word study. You advance at your own rate, working with the basic method for as long as you desire with the freedom to build up to more intermediate word studies at your own pace. When you complete this course, you might want to consider moving up yet further to the more advanced Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software. A product you will not outgrow, this is Logos Bible Software.
- Title: Learn to Do Word Studies with Logos Bible Software
- Instructors: Dr. Michael Heiser and Johnny Cisneros
- Over 7 hours of content taught by Dr. Mike Heiser and Johnny Cisneros using Logos 4.
- Format: Videos come on 2 DVD-ROMs. The DVDs are designed for your computer and will not play in a normal DVD player. The videos are formatted in h.264 (HD) and optimized for Quicktime 7, Quicktime X and Windows Media Player 12. These videos are not designed for use on the iPhone or iPad.
- A web-like user interface is included.
- Leave the content on the DVD, or copy it to your hard drive.
- All videos have chapter markers, so you can easily navigate to the exact spot you need.
- Bible Study Library is the minimum requirement for Learn to Do Word Studies with Logos Bible Software. For the best experience, however, we recommend that you own Scholar's Library or higher and Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words.
- Publisher: Logos Bible Software
- Publication Date: 2011
About the Instructors
Michael Heiser has a PhD in Hebrew Bible and Semitic Languages. Mike’s main research interests are Israelite religion, biblical theology, biblical languages, and Second Temple period Jewish literature. He is the Academic Editor of both Logos Bible Software and Bible Study Magazine. Read his complete bio.
Johnny Cisneros is a PhD student in E-Research and Technology Enhanced Learning at Lancaster University, UK. He earned a Master of Christian Studies degree in Biblical Languages from Regent College in Vancouver, BC. He is also Educational Designer at Logos Bible Software and has written over a dozen articles for Bible Study Magazine. Read his complete bio.