Baker Encountering the Bible Collection (3 vols.)
Baker Academic 2002–2008
Each volume in the Baker Encountering the Bible Collection is designed for classroom use and includes a number of helpful features, including a bibliography for further research, a glossary of key terms, chapter objectives, chapter outlines, chapter study questions, focus boxes, and illustrations. These three volumes will help the student of the Bible understand both the world of the Scriptures and the issues addressed in modern scholarship. The books offer the expertise of renowned biblical scholars through an engaging and down-to-earth presentation. Surveying the books, culture and context of the Bible is informative and enjoyable. Each volume also provides ample introduction to the modern, academic field of Biblical Studies. The second editions of Encountering the Old Testament and Encountering the New Testament contain updated bibliographies, notes, and indexes.
Want more? Complete the series with the Encountering John: The Gospel in Historical, Literary, and Theological Perspective!
- Abundant illustrations, photographs, tables and charts
- Focus boxes addressing ethical/theological concerns
- Highlight essays isolating key issues
- Learning objectives and a chapter outline
- End-of-chapter study questions, review questions, and chapter summaries
- Title: Baker Encountering the Bible Collection
- Publisher: Baker
- Volumes: 3
- Pages: 1,216