Preaching the Great Themes of the Bible
by 20 authors Leith Anderson, Francis Chan, Bryan Chapell, Mark Dever, Mark Driscoll, Tony Evans, E. V. Hill, Bill Hybels, Timothy Keller, Bryan Loritts, John MacArthur, James MacDonald, Al Mohler, John Ortberg, David Platt, Haddon Robinson, Robert Smith Jr., Andy Stanley, Chuck Swindoll, Rick Warren
Christianity Today 2012
Preaching the Great Themes of the Bible is a collection of 100 of the best sermons from PreachingToday.com, a ministry of Christianity Today.
Sermons are curated by the editors of PreachingToday.com, and cover a wide cross-section of Scripture. You’ll find sermons from some of today’s best preachers grouped around 20 themes. This effectively turns this resource into a broad biblical theology, with today’s top preachers serving as contributors.
In addition to biblical interpretation, you get much more:
- Relevant illustrations to connect culture to the text
- Sermon outlines
- Application to daily life
- Pastoral wisdom gained from years of on-the-ground ministry
Learn from the Masters
- Become a better preacher. Preaching isn’t just taught, it’s caught. Each preacher is unique, and each benefits from the strengths of other preachers. This resource provides you with sermons that will both inspire you and help you improve at your craft.
- Get the best tools for studying great sermons. One of the best ways to learn the finer aspects of preaching is to study a transcript, break it down, and figure out how the preacher does it. With this resource, you get manuscripts from today’s top preachers to read and study.
- Discover new ways to connect the Bible to contemporary culture. Get inspired for creative thinking. Your sermon is a unique kind of communication that engages your listeners like nothing else. By listening to other great preachers, you’ll get the best sense of how to employ your ideas inspirationally in the context of your sermon.
- Learn from seasoned veterans. PreachingToday.com editors regularly ask featured preachers, like John Piper, Andy Stanley, Bill Hybels, and Bryan Chapell for their favorite sermon. As a result, you get to hear outstanding preachers at their best. It’s a highlight reel of full sermons from an all star team of preachers.
- Inspire your own soul. You feed others week after week. Now it’s time for you to be fed. You need a pastor to speak to your soul, strengthen your faith, and challenge you. Not only will this resource enrich your heart, but it will prepare you to lead others with authenticity.
- You’ll get 100 sermons focused on 20 of the common themes you preach on again and again. You’ll find sermons on money and stewardship; marriage and family; faith and circumstances; trials and suffering; Christmas and Easter; and much more.
- For each of the 20 themes, you get an average of 5 sermons. The sermons are from different preachers, so you benefit from the richness of their multiple perspectives and approaches.
- You’ll also get 5 illustrations for each of the 20 themes. That’s a total of 100 sermon illustrations from the treasure chest of PreachingToday.com.
High-Profile Preachers with Sermons in This Volume
20 Great Preaching Themes
- God the Father
- God the Son
- God the Holy Spirit
- Cross and Atonement
- The Gospel
- Salvation and Restoration
- Justification and Righteousness
- The Kingdom of God
- The Church
- God's Word
- Love for God and Neighbor
- Temptation and the Struggle against Evil
- Worship and Prayer
- Title: Preaching the Great Themes of the Bible
- Publisher: Christianity Today
- Publication Date: 2013
PreachingToday.com is an online resource for preachers and teachers, providing tools and training to advance the art and craft of biblical preaching. PreachingToday.com is guided by Marshall Shelley, editor of Leadership Journal, Craig Brian Larson, a veteran preacher and co-editor of The Art and Craft of Biblical Preaching, and a board of editorial advisors that includes Dr. Haddon Robinson, senior editorial advisor and author of the landmark text Biblical Preaching.
PreachingToday.com is a resource from Christianity Today, a nonprofit, global media ministry that serves the church through print magazines, digital publications, websites and blogs which together reach over 2.5 million people each month. We are committed to building up the church and those who lead it. Read our statement of faith.