Herman Ridderbos Collection (9 vols.)
4 publishers P&R,Eerdmans,Paideia Press,Baker 1958–1997
Herman Ridderbos is considered one of the twentieth century’s most influential New Testament theologians. His works emphasized Heilsgeschichte (Salvation History), the progressive history of God’s saving acts, which views Jesus Christ as central in redemption. Ridderbos’ redemptive-historical approach to the Scriptures catapulted a new wave in New Testament study, furthering our understanding of Pauline and biblical theology.
The Herman Ridderbos Collection contains nine of his most important works translated into English:
- Paul: Ridderbos’ monumental work on the theology of the Apostle Paul
- Paul and Jesus: A critical comparison of the preaching of Paul with the self-disclosure of Jesus, all within the framework of the history of revelation
- The Authority of the New Testament Scriptures: Ridderbos’ succinct classic on the canonicity of the New Testament
- Studies in Scripture and Its Authority: Six essays in which Ridderbos tackles some of the unsettling and disturbing questions that face Christianity today
- The Gospel of John: Ridderbos’ theological exposition and commentary of the Fourth Gospel
- Plus four more engaging works!
The Herman Ridderbos Collection will greatly impact how you encounter the Bible. Perfect for students, professors, pastors, and laypeople alike, the Logos edition of the Herman Ridderbos Collection is fully searchable and easily accessible. Scripture passages link directly to your English translations and to the original-language texts, and important theological concepts link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of resources in your digital library.
Be sure to pick up Herman Ridderbos' influential commentary St. Paul's Epistle to the Churches of Galatia.
- Includes nine important works by Herman Ridderbos
- Addresses contemporary, spiritual issues
- Highlights the impact Ridderbos had on New Testament theology
- The Coming of the Kingdom
- Paul and Jesus: Origin and General Character of Paul’s Preaching of Christ
- The Authority of the New Testament Scriptures
The Authority of the New Testament Scriptures
- Author: Herman Ridderbos
- Publisher: P&R
- Publication Date: 1963
- Pages: 93
- Title: Herman Ridderbos Collection
- Author: Herman Ridderbos
- Volumes: 9
- Pages: 2,509
About Herman Ridderbos
Herman Ridderbos (1909–2007) was professor emeritus of New Testament at the Theological School of the Reformed Churches of the Netherlands at Kampen, where he served for over 40 years. His father, Dr. J. Ridderbos, was an Old Testament professor at the same seminary, and his brother, Dr. N. H. Ridderbos, was an Old Testament professor at the Free University of Amsterdam.
The author of many scholarly publications, Dr. Ridderbos was the editor of the Reformed Weekly (Kampen), one of the Netherlands’ leading ecclesiastical periodicals. He became well-known in America through his volume on Galatians in the New International Commentary on the Old and New Testament.