About this Video
The Timeline feature connects biblical people, places, and things to the events that brought them together.
Using the Timeline
- Go to Tools > Timeline to open the window.
- At the top of the window, enter the date or date range you want to explore.
- Alternatively, you can click on "Fit" to select a pre-determined range based on a specific topic or era.
- Click on an Event to learn more about it, and see what resources mention it.
You can narrow your results by using a filter or "find".
Filter: Subject Only
- Enter a name or topic in the top-right "Filter" field (Example: Paul).
- This will strip away all un-related events.
Find: Subject in Context
- On your keyboard, press CTRL+F (Mac Users: Command+F).
- Enter a name or topic in the newly revealed "Find" field.
- This will "find" your subject without removing other events.
- Click the up and down arrows to skip between entries.
Accessing Events from Resources
With Logos 5, you can access events directly from your resources.
- Open a resource with Dates (Example: 131 Christians Everyone Should Know).
- Click the "Visual Filters" menu and choose "Timeline Events".
- You'll notice small flags appearing next to dates.
- Empty flags indicate a general date range.
- Filled flags indicate a specifially recorded Timeline event.
- Remember, you can click on an event to get more information, like other resources that record it.