Introducing the Notification Center
Before you begin
To ensure the smoothest possible download process, please verify that you meet the following qualifications:
- The computer you are downloading to has an active internet connection.
- You have installed the Logos 5 software.
Still need to install Logos? Click here.
- If you use a Firewall or Proxy, you have set an exception to allow Logos.
- Logos is set to Use Internet and allow Automatic Updates.
You can verify these settings in the Tools > Program Settings menu.
Once you complete any downloadable purchase at Logos.com, your resources should be unlocked automatically. Just open Logos and wait for the download to begin. This may take a few minutes, depending on your internet connection. When the download begins, you will receive a notification at the top of the application and from the Logos Indexer in your system tray (by the computer's clock).
Note: Download Time
Download times will vary based on internet speed and the total size of the download. If the download is interrupted, Logos should install whatever completed. It will then restart the process, downloading the remaining resources the next time it is opened.
If Logos has not downloaded your resources, please visit Missing Resources for Windows or Missing Resources for Mac
After the download completes, you will be prompted to restart Logos. This is necessary to allow new resources to be integrated into your Library.
When Logos restarts, it will begin indexing automatically. You will be notified of this in the same locations. Click here to learn more about indexing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Logos downloads often; can I control when downloads occur?
A: Yes! You can manage your download schedule in Tools > Program Settings (Recommended, if you have bandwidth restrictions during specific times of the day).
- Make sure "Use Internet" is set to "YES".
- Set "Automatically Download Updates" to "YES".
- Set "Download Between" to the time of day that you would like downloads to occur.
Logos must be open during this time, in order to begin the download.
Tip: Disable Updates
You can disable automatic updates entirely, but we recommend checking for updates at least once a week, to get the best Logos experience possible by taking advantage of the different types of updates.
Why does Logos download so many updates?
A: Logos downloads updates for various reasons, and the number of updates will depend heavily on the size of your library.
- It will download updates to the application in order to add features or fix any bugs that were discovered.
- It will download updates to resources, to add new datatype tagging (improve searching), fix any typos we've found, or changes and additions to hyperlinks and cross references.
If you have a very large library, the chances of a resource update being available will be higher.
- It will download new resources whenever they're added to your account.
What's the connection between Updates and Indexing?
A: Indexing, is the process which makes any resource searchable. Indexing occurs automatically, and will be necessary for any new resources or updates to previous resources.
If indexing is getting in the way of other tasks, you can pause it for 4 hours at a time.
Can I avoid "Preparing your library"?
A: "Preparing your library" is necessary to install recently downloaded updates. It can be delayed, by not restarting Logos after an update is downloaded.
Note: If Logos doesn't prepare your library after a resource download, you will not have access to that resource until Logos is restarted and allowed to prepare the library.