Step 2 of Installation Does Not Begin in Vista
On a Windows Vista computer, the first part of the Libronix DLS installation of the core installer (InstallShield Wizard), completes successfully, however, the second part of the installation, Libronix Update, never starts. In the Windows Task Manager, Update.exe is running under Processes, however, the Libronix Update window does not appear.
This problem is usually resolved by re-registering jscript.dll:
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Click into the Start Search box right above the Start button and type: cmd.
- When cmd.exe appears at the top of the Start Menu under Programs, right-click on it and choose Run as administrator. If a UAC window appears asking for permission, click Continue. A command prompt window will then open.
- Type regsvr32 jscript.dll next to the prompt (>) and press Enter.
- A RegSvr32 message will pop up saying "DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll succeeded." Click OK.
Before reattempting the Libronix installation, make sure the Update.exe process is not running from the last attempt:
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del once and clicking on Start Task Manager, or right-click on Taskbar and choose Task Manager from menu.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Locate and highlight Update.exe, if running, and click on End Process.
- Click End Process again in the "Do you want to end this process?" window.
If the RegSvr32 pop-up displays a "failed" message, or if Libronix Update continues to fail, please call Customer Support at (800) 875-6467 for assistance.