Missing Resources After Updating to 3.0c or Above in Vista & Windows 7
On a Windows 7 or Vista computer, a pre-3.0c version of Libronix is installed and the resources copied to the computer's hard drive. After updating to version 3.0c or above, the resources are no longer listed in My Library. Further investigation reveals that the book files in C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources or C:\Program Files(x86)\Libronix DLS\Resources if you have a 64-bit OS have been removed.
The User Account Control (UAC) virtualization feature in Vista and Windows 7, provides backward compatibility for legacy software (written for Windows XP or below). If these programs try to access protected portions of the file system and registry without the proper permissions, UAC virtualization silently redirects read and write operations from protected portions of the file system and registry to unprotected user-specific locations. This process is transparent and occurs automatically.
The Libronix Digital Library System version 3.0c and above addresses these virtualization redirects. If, however, a pre-3.0c version of Libronix is installed on the Vista/Win7 computer and resources copied to the hard drive prior to an update to 3.0c or higher, the book files will be moved to a new Libronix DLS\Resources folder created in a virtual store in the user directory.
If the update has already been done and the resources are missing, follow the steps below to restore them:
- Close Libronix and open Computer from Start Menu.
- Navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources.
- If the AppData folder is not visible, click on the Organize toolbar button. Select Folder and Search Options. Click on the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders under Advanced Settings, and click OK.
- Open the Resources folder and click on Organize | Select All, then click on Organize | Cut.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources or C:\Program Files(x86)\Libronix DLS\Resources and click on Organize | Paste.
- After the resources have been moved, the Libronix DLS folder in Virtual Store can be deleted.
- Open Libronix, then open My Library to verify that your resources are available.
If Libronix has not yet been installed, and if the computer has a high-speed Internet connection, install the latest version of the Libronix DLS from our website: http://www.logos.com/support/downloads/ldls/newuser. Follow steps 1 and 2 on that page to complete the installation. When complete, insert your installation disc to install additional files that may not have been downloaded from the web. Make sure that you are inserting your installation disk, not your data disk. When that installation is complete, update again, if prompted, to install the latest versions of those files.
If no Internet connection is available, or it is a dial-up connection, updated Media Only CDs or DVD can be ordered by phone at (800) 875-6467 or at this web page: http://www.logos.com/products/details/3741.