Copying books to the Hard Drive
How do I copy books to the hard drive through the Location Manager?
When you install Libronix, the Libronix Digital Library System software automatically installs to the hard drive, but our electronic books remain on the CD. To use your books the CD must be inserted or your books must be copied to the hard drive.
To copy books to the hard drive:
- Open Libronix.
- Insert the CD or DVD. The words Discovering Resources will appear in the lower-right corner of the Libronix window. Wait for the discovery to complete (this may take up to 20 minutes with the DVD). A tip window may appear that will direct you to Location Manager--click that link or follow the next step.
- Select Tools | Library Management | Location Manager.
- Select Unlocked on Removable Media from the List Resources drop down list.
- Leave the default Destination, usually C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources.
- Select desired books to copy (all books will be selected by default, unless a newer version is already on your hard drive).
- Click on Copy Resources.
- Repeat this process as necessary with any of the remaining discs. Note that some of the CDs may not have any unlocked books available on them, depending on which package you have purchased.
Note that this process will also work with Logos 2 CDs, if the books on them are already unlocked.
If some books will not copy properly, please see this article for some possible fixes.