After an update, Logos says it is "Preparing your Library" but never finishes. The Logos Indexer shows "Stage 1 of 3".
Stage 1 of the Preparing phase, is the stage in which Logos tries to locate any new files which have been added to your Library. Depending on the size of your Library, and how many files it needs to discover, this can take a few hours. If you have already waited several hours and it hasn't moved from Stage 1, this could indicate a problem in your Windows File Structure that is preventing Logos from finding the new files, specifically because those files have been "hidden".
This usually seems to occur on Windows 7, but may affect other versions of Windows.
Step 1 - End All Logos Processes and Open the Logos Directory:
- Close Logos.
- Open the Windows Task Manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC).
- Click on the Processes tab and select Logos4Indexer.exe.
- Click the End Process button and close Task Manager (You may receive a Warning, Click OK).
- Right-click your Logos Icon and choose "Open file location" (XP - Choose Properties and choose "Find Target").
The Logos4 directory will open but may appear empty indicating the files have been hidden. If you see "faded" folders, skip to Step 3.
Step 2 - Show Hidden Files:
- At the top of the window, click Organize and select "Folder and search options" (XP - go to Tools | Folder Options) to open the Folder Options Window.
- Go to the View tab and select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" (XP - "Show hidden files and folders").
- Click OK.
Step 3 - Un-hide the Logos Directory:
- At the top of the window, there will be an address, showing the location of the folder you're viewing.
- Click the Local folder (XP - At the top of the window, click the "Higher Directory" button).
- Right-Click the Logos4 folder and select Properties.
- Un-Check the box next to "Hidden" and click OK.
- If you are prompted to apply changes to all sub-folders and files, do so.
- Open Logos. It should now be able to find its files and finish Preparing your Library.