About this Video
Installing Logos Bible Software 5 as a download on Mac (OS X 10.6.8 or higher).
Logos 5 uses a new application file. If you already have Logos 4 installed, you will need to remove the old Logos 4 icon in your Applications folder, but do not remove any additional files if prompted. Logos 5 will automatically detect and upgrade your existing Logos 4 books so you do not need to download them again.
Step 1: Download the installer
You may wish to check the System Requirements first, to be sure your computer supports the new engine.
- After clicking the button above, a new download should begin.
- Once the download is complete, open the file ("LogosMac.dmg").
- A new window will open. Drag the Logos 5 icon to the Applications folder.
- Open your Applications folder and double-click the Logos Bible Software 5 icon.
Now that installation is complete and you have opened the software, you should get a "Sign in" window. Sign in with your Logos.com email and password (If needed, you can reset your password here).
This is where the software will identify your account and prepare to download your unique library. This includes any additional purchases you've made at Logos.com and any Libronix DLS products you've activated or unlocked in the past. This also includes any notes, or other saved documents you may have previously created in Logos on another computer or device.
Upgrading from Libronix DLS? If this is your first time installing Logos, and you'v been using Libronix DLS previously, you may want to Synchronize your Libronix DLS licenses before continuing. Just open Libronix DLS and go to Tools | Library Management | Synchronize Licenses and follow the prompts. This ensures all Libronix DLS content is recognized by the Logos server.
At this point, the newly installed program will start with two automated processes:
- Preparing or downloading your library. This process requires internet connection as it is pulling up all of your past licenses and downloading the corresponding book files to your computer's hard drive.
- Indexing your library. During this step, no internet connection is required, but the computer must not be turned off or put to sleep until it is complete. For more information about indexing see the indexing training page.
Download & Indexing time will vary according to the size of the library being downloaded and indexed. Please allow extra time for larger libraries.
You will not get full search results until the indexing process is complete.
After indexing is complete, Logos will be completely configured and ready to use. If you need to install to another computer, please repeate these steps on that computer. It is recommended to install to only one computer at a time, to improve download speeds.
If you need further assistance with installation, our Customer Service department would be glad to help. Please call 1(800)875-6467, or email email@example.com.