Logos 4 Diagnostic Logging for Windows
I have encountered a Problem or Error in Logos 4 and need to report it, or a Support Technician has requested that I send them log files.
If your problem occurred during installation, please skip to Step 4.
Step 1: Enable Logging
- CloseLogos 4if it is already open.
- Press and hold the CTRL key on your keyboard.
- While still holding CTRL, open Logos 4 and wait for the "Sign in" window to appear.
- Release the CTRL key and click "Sign In", then try to recreate the problem.
Note: You may also select "Use blank layout" to prevent the home page or previous layout from loading automatically.
Step 2: Collect your Logs
- Open your (My) Documents folder.
- Locate the "Logos Log Files" folder.
- Right-click on the "Logos Log Files" folder and choose "Send to Compressed (zipped) folder".
- A "Logos Log Files.zip" should be created (".zip" may not be visible, but you can recognize it by the zipper on the folder icon).
Step 3: Make a Report
Note: If a Support Technician requested your logs directly, skip this step and email your logs to that Technician.
- Click here to visit the Logos 4 Windows forum.
- Click on "Write a New Post."
- Enter a description of what you were doing when the bug or crash occured.
- Attach your "Logos Log Files.zip" file from Step 2 using the media button shown with a small "paper clip" icon.
- Then "Post" your bug report.
- The Development team often monitors these forums and will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Step 4: "Setup" Logging (Installation Problems)
If you experience an error running the Logos 4 Setup you will have to enable logging for Logos4Setup.exe.
- Save the EnableLogging.js script found here, to your Desktop.
- If you get a page of "code" when clicking the link, try right-clicking and use the "Save-as" option.
- Navigate to the Desktop and open the EnableLogging.js file you saved.
- Once you've enabled logging, retry the installation, then continue from Steps 2-3.
- You can later disable logging when the problem is resolved by using the DisableLogging.js script found here.
Note: These steps can also be used to enable "Full-Time" logging, meaning Logos 4 will always record every session, each time over-writing the previous logs.
You can also submit your logs by email or by calling Customer Support at 1(800)875-6467.