- Q: What is the Libronix Digital Library System?
- Q: What are the System Requirements?
- Q: Does Libronix work in Windows Vista and/or 64-bit operating systems?
- Q: Is there a version of Libronix for Mac users?
- Q: How do I install Libronix to a Netbook?
- Q: What is the End-User License Agreement (EULA)?
- Q: Why do I have to "activate" my Libronix software?
- Q: What are my Logos.com website Login and Password?
- Q: How do I purchase New Books?
- Q: Are Print Editions available?
- Q: How do I copy Libronix books to my hard drive?
- Q: Which discs do I use?
- Q: Is there an instruction manual?
- Q: How do I move my Libronix library to a new computer?
- Q: What do I do with my old DVD/CDs after upgrading?
- Q: How do I Transfer my Licenses?
- Q: How do I remove my Logos 2.0 after installing Libronix?
A: The Libronix Digital Library System is a technology used to deliver digital libraries of books and interactive study tools. To find out more, click here.
A: The minimum requirements for running Libronix on the PC are:
- 500MHz Pentium III (1GHz Pentium III recommended)
- 192 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- 550 MB hard drive space*
- 800x600 display (1024x768 recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 (IE9 Users, Click Here for important Information)
* Libronix DLS gives you the option of copying your book files to your hard drive or running from disc. For optimal results (in terms of speed and convenience), we recommend that you copy all unlocked books to your hard drive. The additional hard drive space required varies by product; approximate numbers are given below:
- Christian Home Library: 385 MB
- Bible Study Library: 935 MB
- Leader's Library: 977 MB
- Original Languages Library: 1.15 GB
- Scholar's Library: 1.75 GB
- Scholar's Library: Silver: 2.45 GB
- Scholar's Library: Gold: 3 GB
- Biblioteca de Estudio Bíblico: 400 MB
- Biblioteca Académica Bilingüe: 1 GB
A: Yes--please read our Vista FAQs page for more information.
A: Logos Bible Software: Mac was released in December 2008. Product details and purchasing information are available here.
Mac users can also download the BibleWidget (free!) to look up any Bible verse on your Mac instantly.
A: The EULA is the license every user agrees to when they purchase and install a copy of Logos Bible Software. A copy of the license agreement is available here.
A: Most of the books we sell are the property of other publishers, and we are required to pay royalties for each copy we sell. The activation process that Libronix uses simply provides a way to limit unauthorized access to the books by taking the serial number and assigning it to a registered customer ID. Once a serial number is assigned to a customer ID, only that customer ID can be used to reactivate that serial number. Each purchase you make will be assigned to your customer ID. (You can register anonymously if you wish, and we will then issue you a customer ID that is not your e-mail address.)
By preserving a copy of your licenses in our database, the activation process ensures that you will retain access to all the books you have purchased should you suffer a computer crash or buy a new machine.
A: Your web login is the Email Address you used to register at http://www.logos.com. Your user-created password was entered during the New User Registration process. Both email address and password can be changed once you have logged in to your Logos web account.
If you have forgotten your password, click here to reset it. If you do not have access to your email account anymore, contact Customer Support by phone at (800) 875-6467 or by email at email@example.com.
A: The Libronix Digital Library System allows you to build a library tailored to your specific study needs! In addition to the books you have already purchased, there are thousands more books from over one hundred publishers that can be integrated into Libronix. You may purchase these books a number of different ways.
- Logos.com features more books you can download individually or buy as collections. This is your best source for the newest titles in the ever-expanding Libronix DLS.
All online purchases will require a User Account. This is separate from your Libronix product account. If you don't have a current Logos.com account, select New User? Register! on the left side of the Logos.com home page. Be sure to fill in all required fields. Returning users should log in before shopping. (See previous question about the web login and password above.)
Important Note to All Users: Please make sure you provide your Libronix Customer ID when registering a new account. It is used to match your unlocked books to your copy of the Libronix DLS. If you do not know your Libronix Customer ID, you can find it in Libronix under Help | About Libronix DLS or Tools | Library Management | Account Summary. Customer Support can also provide this information by calling (800) 875-6467 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you are logged in, search the New Products, Boxed Products, Downloadables, Community Pricing, and Pre-Publications (Pre-Pubs) for titles of interest to you. Click Add to Cart for existing products, or Preorder for Pre-Pub products. You can even set your price for products in Community Pricing! After you have selected your desired titles, follow the prompts under View/Checkout.
- Use our simple unlocking process within the Libronix DLS to unlock books on discs you already have. Simply start Libronix and click on Tools | Unlock Resources.
- Choose Resource or Collection from the Unlock drop-down list.
- Choose All Locked Resources from the Collection drop-down list.
- Select your Arrange by choice. Arranging by Title may make it easier to find a resource.
- Scroll through the list of resources or use the Find box to search for your book.
- Click Add to Shopping Cart for each title, and then click Next to complete the purchase.
- The transaction can be completed by Internet or by phone. Follow the on-screen instructions for the desired method.
- Buy from your local Christian bookstore. Any package that carries the Libronix DLS or Logos Library System logo will integrate easily into your digital library!
A: Logos Bible Software publishes electronic books for our Libronix Digital Library System; we do not publish print editions. However, some of our Publishing Partners do include print editions of their electronic books in some of their products. One example is the Augsburg Fortress Collection (18 titles). Augsburg Fortress has included, with the Libronix CD-ROM, paperback versions of nearly all of the 18 titles included in their collection.
You can search our website for products that include print editions by entering the word 'paperback' or 'hardcover' in the main SEARCH box in the top left corner.
A: Generally, books are copied during the Account Management process once the product has been activated. If you did not have this option, or you want to select the books to be copied, you would use the Location Manager to copy resources.
- Start Libronix.
- Place the DVD, Disc A, or product CD in the CD/DVD-ROM drive.
- Watch for the words "Discovering Resources" to appear in the lower-right corner of Libronix. (This process may take up to 20 minutes with the DVD.)
- When "Discovering Resources" disappears, click the Location Manager link in the Tip window or click on Tools | Library Management | Location Manager.
- List Resources should be Unlocked on Removable Media.
- Destination should be C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources or C:\Program Files (x86)\Libronix DLS\Resources if you are using a 64 bit operating system, unless the program was installed to another location, or you want to copy the book files to another drive.
- All the resources on that disc will be selected by default. You can either deselect the resources you do not want to copy, or click on the Clear All button, then select the resources you want to copy.
- Click Copy Resources. When complete, the list of resources to copy will be replaced by the message: "All unlocked resources have been copied to your hard drive." If you had deselected any resources, those resources will still be listed.
- Repeat steps 2-8 for each disc.
A: If you received one DVD with your Logos Bible Software Base Collection, you will use that disc to install Libronix and copy the resources to your computer's hard drive. If you received a set of seven CDs, use the Installation/Use First disc to install Libronix. When installation is complete, remove that CD and open Libronix. During the Account Management process, when prompted to insert discs to copy resources, insert the discs indicated below according to the collection you own:
Christian Home Library - Disc A
Bible Study Library - Discs A and B
Leader's Library - Discs A and B
Original Languages Library - Discs A, B, C, D
Scholar's Library - Discs A, B, C
Scholar's Library: Silver - Discs A, B, C, D, E
Scholar's Library: Gold - Discs A, B, C, D, E, F
A: At present, there are help files available by clicking on the Libronix Help command.
Training articles and tutorial videos are available online. A Tutorial CD is included in all Logos Bible Software Base Collections. Morris Proctor, an independent professional trainer who conducts Camp Logos seminars, has made a training manual which can be purchased online or through the Logos sales reps at (800) 875-6467.
A: The Libronix DLS is licensed to one user. You may install it on both your desktop and notebook computers, or on your home and office computers, if you are the primary user of the software on each system. Click here to find out which files can be backed up and moved.
A: It is always a good idea to keep your old discs because licensing to some resources may have been discontinued since the last upgrade was released. Logos cannot include discontinued items on new discs.
For instance, if you owned the Scholar's Library: Silver (QB), released in March 2004, the discs that accompanied that library included the Daily Study Bible Series NT and OT, however, Scholar's Library: Silver (OC) released in May 2006, does not include those resources. So after installing Libronix on a new computer using the 3.0 (OC) DVD/CDs, and copying the resources from those discs, you would then want to insert the discs from the (QB) version to copy any additional unlocked resources.
A: Licenses for shippable products on CD-ROM or DVD-ROM, which come with a Serial Number, can be transferred from one person to another. (See the EULA for more information.) Unlocks can only be transferred as part of a full license transfer. There will be a processing fee charged on all transfers which is subject to change without notice. As of 6/17/09 the fee is equal to $20.00 per transfer. Either party involved with the transfer can pay the fee. We require the transfer request in writing (email is accepted) from the person to whom the software is currently registered. Please provide the following information:
- The name and contact information of the current user, including email address.
- The Libronix Customer ID of the current user. (This can be found under Help | About Libronix DLS.)
- The name and contact information of the person receiving the license, including email address.
- Recipient's Libronix Customer ID, if they have one.
- The product name(s) and serial number(s).
Note: Licenses for unlocked, downloadable products are non-transferable.
A: See the following article: