Libronix DLS 3.0 Installation Support
Libronix DLS 3.0 Installation Support
This page contains information for Libronix DLS users updating to a 3.0 version (3.0 or 3.0a through 3.0g) of the Libronix DLS.
- 500MHz Pentium III (1GHz Pentium III recommended)
- 192 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
- Windows 98/Me/NT4.0(SP6a)/2000/XP/Vista
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- 550 MB hard drive space*
- 800x600 display (1024x768 recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
What's New with 3.0
See Logos Bible Software 3 for an introduction to the new features in Libronix DLS 3.0, or the following pages for more detailed information:
See the new features in Libronix DLS 3.0.
See the new features in Libronix DLS 3.0a.
See the new features in Libronix DLS 3.0b.
See the new features in Libronix DLS 3.0c.
See the new features in Libronix DLS 3.0d.
See the new features in Libronix DLS 3.0e.
See the new features in Libronix DLS 3.0f.
See the new features in Libronix DLS 3.0g.
- See the bug fixes in Libronix DLS 3.0a.
- See the bug fixes in Libronix DLS 3.0b.
- See the bug fixes in Libronix DLS 3.0c.
- See the bug fixes in Libronix DLS 3.0d.
- See the bug fixes in Libronix DLS 3.0e.
- See the bug fixes in Libronix DLS 3.0f.
- See the bug fixes in Libronix DLS 3.0g.
Update Scenarios - What to Expect
New Installation Users who don't yet have the Libronix DLS installed and would like to install it from the web, should refer to the instructions at the Libronix DLS Download page.
Updating from 1.x to 3.0 It is recommended that you uninstall version 1.x first before installing version 3.0, using the Special Uninstall and Reinstall Instructions.
Updating from 2.0 to 3.0 The update from 2.0 is a two-part process. The first part updates the Libronix Update system itself, as well as a number of core components. When you first run the update, you will see this list of components; click the Update button to install them. When update is finished, your system will need to be restarted. After the restart, Libronix Update should automatically launch again to update the rest of the system.
Updating from 2.1 to 3.0 The update from 2.1 is a one-part process and will not require a system restart.
Updating resources After the update to 3.0, run the Libronix Update from the Tools menu to update Bibles and possibly other resources which have been rebuilt for 3.0. To see the list of resources, you may need to expand the Optional section by clicking on the word Optional. Depending on which resources you have installed, you may see a Resources group and a Locked Resources group. You can check/uncheck the Resources or Locked Resources checkbox to check/uncheck all the resources in that group, or check/uncheck individual resources within a group.
Resources that have been improved with the 3.0e will be listed in the Optional section, while resources that should be updated to function properly with 3.0e are listed in the Recommended section. The list of resources you see will depend on the mix of resources you have installed on your computer.
Known Installation Issues
- Error code 3: Unexpected Error. See solutions for Error Code 3 during installation.
- Error code 5: Auto Update script file not found. Error Code 5.
- Error Code 6: Internal Error. See solutions for problems that cause Error Code 6.
- Error Code 7: Failed to download file. See Error Code 7 & Update Problems.
- Error Code 11: Invalid Windows Installer. Use the Special Uninstall and Reinstall Instructions to remove Libronix, then reinstall from our New Installation page, following steps 1 and 2.
- Error Code 12: This error code indicates that a Windows Installer installation or update did not complete successfully. Usually another error message proceeds error code 12. Resolving that error (see corresponding support article, if available) may also resolve error code 12. If Windows Installer reported a 1402 or 1406 error, see solutions for Error 1402. Often uninstalling and reinstalling Libronix will be required. Follow the Special Uninstall and Reinstall Instructions if needed.
- Error Code 13: See solution for Error Code 13.
- Error Code 14: Failed copying file. See this article: Error Code 14.
- Error Code 17: See this article: Error code 17.
- Error code 18: See this article: Error code 18.
- Error code 23: Cannot initiate the Windows Installer: Error Code 23.
- Error 1335: The cabinet file data1.cab required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. See solutions to this error.
- Error 1402/1406: See solutions for Error 1402 and 1406.
- Error 1706: Install and run Windows Install Clean Up Utility.
- Error 1721/1722: See solutions for Error 1721 and 1722.
- Step 2 of Installation Does Not Begin in Vista: On a Windows Vista computer, the first part of the Libronix DLS installation of the core installer (InstallShield Wizard), completes successfully, however, the second part of the installation, Libronix Update, never starts. In the Windows Task Manager, Update.exe is running under Processes, however, the Libronix Update window does not appear.
- Update doesn't restart automatically after the system restart When updating a previous version of the Libronix DLS to the latest shipping version, your computer may need to be restarted during the update process. After the restart, Libronix Update should run again automatically. If it does not, click on AutoUpdate to finish the update.
- Missing MSVCP70.dll, Missing ICUIN24.dll When you attempt to launch the Libronix DLS after an update, you receive the message, "This application has failed to start because MSVCP70.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." or the message, "This application has failed to start because icuin24.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." This error will occur if you attempt to launch the Libronix DLS before Libronix Update has finished updating the system. Launch Update again using this link: AutoUpdate to finish the update.
- Download progress stops There have been instances of the download hanging. Although the Update application is still responsive, the progress bars stop moving and network usage stops. If this is happening to your machine, you can shut Update down and launch it again using this link: AutoUpdate. Note that since Update caches the files it downloads, it will resume where it left off. This is usually caused by a temporary loss of connection when accessing the Internet via a wireless connection.
- Libronix Update User Interface is in Spanish We have made available via Tools > Libronix Update… several addins which have been localized to Spanish. If your Libronix DLS is otherwise up to date, you will see only the titles of these addins, and their help files, displayed in Spanish. This does not mean that Libronix Update is running in Spanish mode, only that Spanish files are available for you to install. If you would like the Spanish versions of these Addins, check the check boxes next to the addins you want and click the Update button, otherwise click the Close button. See Libronix DLS and Localized Languages for more information about running your Libronix DLS in a different language.