Note: This article is written exclusively for Carbonite, but the principles apply to any Online or Offline automated backup service.
Logos 4 is unable to Open or Update while Carbonite is running:
- The following error occurs: "Logos Bible Software 4 has encountered a problem and needs to close."
- Close Logos 4 and any open Error messages or windows.
- Right-click on the Logos Bible Software 4 icon and select "Open file location" (for Windows XP, choose "Properties" and click the "Find Target" button).
- Windows Explorer will open to your Logos 4 folder. In the Address bar, click the "Local" folder as pictured below (XP Users will have a "Higher Directory" button).
- In the Local folder (XP=Local Settings), Right-click the Logos4 folder and from the Carbonite menu, select "do not backup this item".
- Close all open windows, Carbonite will simply skip to the next folder it needs to backup and Logos 4 should update and run correctly now.
This problem may apply to other "backup" programs. Because Logos 4 creates a backup for you automatically (active internet connection required), there is no need to use a 3rd-Party backup program for your Logos 4 files. You should be able to follow similar steps to disable backup of the Logos4 folder in other backup programs, but the exact steps may vary.