The Fathers Know Best: Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church is a unique resource. It introduces you to the teachings of the first Christians in a way no other work can. It is specially designed to make it easy for you to find the information you want and need. Amazing features in this fact-packed book include:
• More than 900 quotations from the writings of the Early Church Fathers, as well as from rare and important documents dating back to the dawn of Christian history
• Mini-biographies of nearly 100 fathers, as well as descriptions of dozens of key early councils and writings
• A concise history of the dramatic spread of Christianity after Jesus told his disciples to evangelize all nations
• Special maps showing you where the fathers lived, including many little-known and long-vanished locations
• A guide to nearly 30 ancient heresies, many of which have returned to haunt the modern world
• The fathers’ teaching on nearly 50 topics, including modern hot-button issues like abortion, homosexuality, and divorce.
This groundbreaking work presents the teachings of the early Christians in a way unlike any other book. It flings open the doors of the crucial but little-known age covering the birth of Christianity and the triumphant march of the gospel throughout the ancient world.