Exploring the Old and New Testament Collection
by 9 authors David Wenham (theologian), Steve Walton, I. Howard Marshall, Stephen Travis, Ian Paul, Gordon J. Wenham, J. Gordon McConville, Philip Satterthwaite, Ernest Lucas
The Exploring the Old and New Testament Collection is a series of six textbooks which covers the Old and New Testaments, all written by authors who have extensive experience in teaching students in their first two years of university-level study. This series is perfect for someone looking for a New and Old Testament survey that can be as broad or immersive as you see fit. The series easily facilitates teaching the material to classes or small groups.
Each book provides an exploratory approach which encourages and enables students to engage the Scriptures for themselves, and not simply as passive learners. They offer activities and challenges at introductory and intermediate levels, together with key background information needed to enable students to work at the required level, and ideas for further thought and reading.
With your Logos Bible Software the entire Exploring the Old and New Testament Collection is fully searchable and easily accessible. Scripture references are linked to your favorite Bible translations and original texts, and important theological concepts are linked to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and the wealth of resources in your digital library.
- What do you think? boxes provide reflective questions to ponder or use for group discussions.
- Digging deeper boxes offer deeper research into topics providing 2–3 hours of immersive study.
- Essay topics at the end of each chapter provide topics for further research.
- Complex information is clearly shown in various graphs, charts, maps and diagrams.
- Every chapter includes suggestions for further reading for extra illumination into engaging ideas.
- Exploring the New Testament, Vol. 1: The Gospels and Acts
- Exploring the New Testament, Vol. 2: The Letters and Revelation
- Exploring the Old Testament, Vol. 1: The Pentateuch
- Exploring the Old Testament, Vol. 2: The Histories
- Exploring the Old Testament, Vol. 3: The Psalms and Wisdom Literature
- Exploring the Old Testament, Vol. 4: The Prophets
Exploring the Old Testament, Vol. 2: The Histories
- Authors: Phillip E. Satterthwaite and Gordon McConville
- Publisher: SPCK
- Publication Date: 2003
- Pages: 295
- Title: Exploring the Old and New Testament Collection
- Volumes: 6
- Pages: 1,619