Gorgias Judaic Studies Collection (12 vols.)•
Gorgias Press 2006–2013
Your Custom Discount
Engage with the ancient and modern heritage of Judaism with cutting-edge studies from Gorgias Press. Explore the theologies of suffering and God’s existence that emerged after the holocaust with Daniel Garner’s Antitheodicy, Atheodicy and Jewish Mysticism in Holocaust Theology. See how the Jewish marriage tradition developed over the centuries with Susan Marks’ First Came Marriage. And examine Judaism’s uniquely high regard for women in a freshly annotated edition of Grace Aguilar’s The Women of Israel.
This collection includes volumes from the Gorgias Studies in Judaism series that delve into Jewish literature, history, theology, mysticism, and philosophy—covering Late Antiquity to the modern period. Other works come from the Judaism in Context series focus on relations between Jewish religion and culture and other peoples, religions, and cultures among whom Jews have lived and flourished. Gorgias emphasizes contributions from younger scholars, bringing the latest ideas and technology to bear on key subjects in Judaic studies.
Study historical Judaism with unmatched efficiency in Logos Bible Software. These texts fully indexed texts integrate with a scholars library of Jewish studies. Important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
Explore the sacred texts of Judaism with Perspectives on Hebrew Scriptures and Its Contexts.
- Studies the ancient and modern heritage of Judaism
- Emphasizes contributions from younger scholars
- Investigates the relationship between Jewish religion and culture and other societies
- Antitheodicy, Atheodicy and Jewish Mysticism in Holocaust Theology: Atheodic Theologies after Auschwitz by Daniel Garner
- First Came Marriage: The Rabbinic Appropriation of Early Jewish Wedding Ritual by Susan Marks
- Interpretation, Religion and Culture in Midrash and Beyond: Proceedings of the 2006 and 2007 SBL Midrash Sessions edited by Lieve Teugels and Rivka Ulmer
- Jewish-Christian Conversation in Fourth-Century Persian Mesopotamia: A Reconstructed Conversation by Naomi Koltun-Fromm
- Judaic Logic edited by Andrew Schumann
- Lily Montagu’s Shekhinah by Luke Devine
- Man and Theogony in the Lurianic Cabala by Daphne Freedman
- Midrash and the Exegetical Mind: Proceedings of the 2008 and 2009 SBL Midrash Sessions edited by Lieve Teugels and Rivka Ulmer
- Pragmatic Studies in Judaism edited by Andrew Schumann
- Re-Presenting Texts: Jewish and Black Biblical Interpretation edited by David W. Nelson and Rivka Ulmer
- The Rabbis’ King-Parables: Midrash from the Third-Century Roman Empire by Alan Appelbaum
- The Women of Israel by Grace Aguilar: Two Volumes in One with a New Introduction and Commentary by Mayer Gruber