Gorgias Studies in Early Christianity and Patristics Collection (7 vols.)•
Gorgias Press 2006–2010
Your Custom Discount
Delve deeper into the early Christian era with cutting-edge works from academics around the world. Emphasizing the work of younger scholars whose dissertations have made important contributions to the field of patristics, Gorgias Studies in Early Christianity and Patristics series features monographs on Christianity and the Church Fathers in the early centuries of the Christian era.
Explore the theological anthropology of Aphrahat and his use of the “temple.” Re-examine the Blandia’s martyrdom using a systemic lens. Better understand the approach of the Syrian church to the mystery of the divine encounter. Examine Cyril of Alexandria as a New Testament exegete using his commentary on John’s Gospel. Dive into Augustine’s theology on Jews and Judaism. Gain deeper insight into the nature and contemporary relevance of Ephrem the Syrian’s symbolic thought. This collection is valuable for any student of patristics and early Christianity.
With Logos Bible Software, these texts are enhanced by the best in functionality and features. Network words, phrases, and concepts across your library—cross reference and compare with other scholars’ work. Fully indexed texts enable fast searches across this text and the rest of your digital library. Take your study with you with free tablet and mobile apps. Logos puts the most efficient and comprehensive research tools at your fingertips, so you can get the most out of the Gorgias Studies in Early Christianity and Patristics texts.
Want more studies on patristics? Check out the Oxford Theological Monographs on Patristics (5 vols.).
- Gathers fresh studies on early Christianity and Church Fathers
- Promotes the work of newer voices in the field
- Presents rigorous academic findings by specialists
- Aphrahat the Persian Sage and the Temple of God: A Study of Early Syriac Theological Anthropology by Stephanie K. Skoyles Jarkins
- Salvation in Christ according to Jacob of Serugh: An Exegetico-theological Study on the Homilies of Jacob of Serugh on the Feasts of Our Lord by Thomas Kollamparampil
- Simple and Bold: Ephrem’s Art of Symbolic Thought by Kees den Biesen
- St. Cyril of Alexandria, a New Testament Exegete: His Commentary on the Gospel of John by Lois M. Farag
- Standing At Lyon: An Examination of the Martyrdom of Blandina of Lyon by Elizabeth A. Goodine
- Teachings on the Prayer of the Heart in the Greek and Syrian Fathers: The Significance of Body and Community by Jill Gather
- The Mark of Cain and the Jews: Augustine’s Theology of Jews and Judaism by Lisa A. Unterseher
- Title: Gorgias Studies in Early Christianity and Patristics Collection
- Publisher: Gorgias Press
- Volumes: 7
- Pages: 2,245