An Exposition of the Epistle of the Apostle Paul to the Hebrews, vol. 2
by Brown, John
Arranged as a series of nine discourses, An Exposition of the Epistle of the Apostle Paul to the Hebrews offers comprehensive verse-by-verse exposition of the text. Focusing on the doctrinal implications of the epistle, John Brown coherently elucidates the figurative language and semantics found in the epistle.
In the Logos editions, this valuable volume is enhanced by amazing functionality. Scripture citations link directly to English translations, and important terms link to dictionaries, encyclopedias, and a wealth of other resources in your digital library. Perform powerful searches to find exactly what you’re looking for. Take the discussion with you using tablet and mobile apps. With Logos Bible Software, the most efficient and comprehensive research tools are in one place, so you get the most out of your study.
- Offers comprehensive verse-by-verse exposition of the book of Hebrews
- Focuses on the doctrinal implications of the epistle
- Clarifies figurative language and semantics found in the text
- Part 2: Practical
- General Exhortation to Perseverance, and Warning against Apostasy. Chap. 10:19–12:29
- Particular Exhortations. Chap. 13:1–14
- Discourse 1: The Christian’s Privilege and Duty (Heb. 4:14–16)
- Discourse 2: Christ, the Author of Eternal Salvation, Made Perfect by Suffering in the Days of His Flesh (Heb. 5:7–9)
- Discourse 3: Christ’s Character and Ministry as a High Priest (Heb. 9:11, 12)
- Discourse 4: The Sacrifice of Christ Superior in Efficacy to the Legal Sacrifices (Heb. 9:13, 14)
- Discourse 5: Christ the Mediator of the New Covenant (Heb. 9:15)
- Discourse 6: Entrance into the Holiest by the Blood of Christ (Heb. 10:19–22)
- Discourse 7: The Joint Perfection of Old and New Testament Saints in Heaven (Heb. 11:39, 40)
- Discourse 8: The Christian Altar (Heb. 13:10)
- Discourse 9: The Great Shepherd of the Sheep (Heb. 13:20, 21)
- Title: An Exposition of the Epistle of the Apostle Paul to the Hebrews, vol. 2
- Author: John Brown
- Editor: David Smith
- Publisher: William Oliphant and Co.
- Publication Date: 1862
- Pages: 457
About John Brown
John Brown was a professor of exegetical theology to the United Presbyterian Church, and senior pastor of the United Presbyterian Congregation in Broughton Place, Edinburgh.