New Beacon Bible Commentary Upgrade 3 Collection (3 vols.)
Beacon Hill 2013
The New Beacon Bible Commentary is an engaging, indispensable reference tool to aid individuals in every walk of life in the study and meditation of God’s Word. Written from the Wesleyan theological perspective, it offers insight and perceptive scholarship to help you unlock the deeper truths of Scripture and garner an awareness of the history, culture, and context attributed to each book of study. Readable, relevant, and academically thorough, it offers scholars, pastors, and laity a new standard for understanding and interpreting the Bible in the twenty-first century.
The Logos edition of the New Beacon Bible Commentary is designed to encourage and accelerate your study. These fully indexed texts enable near-instant search results for words, people, places, and ideas, while Scripture references appear on mouseover in your preferred translation. Logos’ tablet and mobile apps let you take your study wherever you go. With the most efficient and comprehensive research tools all in one place, you can expand your study with just a few clicks.
Looking for more New Beacon Bible Commentary? Check out the New Beacon Bible Commentary Collection (13 vols.), the New Beacon Bible Commentary Upgrade Collection (8 vols.), and the New Beacon Bible Commentary Upgrade 2 Collection (4 vols.).
- The Latest scholarship from notable experts in the Wesleyan tradition
- Convenient introductory material for each book of the Bible including information on authorship, date, history, audience, sociological/cultural issues, purpose, literary features, theological themes, hermeneutical issues, and more
- Clear verse-by-verse explanations offering contemporary Wesleyan understanding derived from the passage’s original language
- Comprehensive annotation divided into three sections:
- Background elements behind the text
- Verse-by-verse details and meanings found in the text
- Significance, relevance, intertextuality, and application from the text
- Insight into theological issues, word meanings, archaeological connections, historical relevance, cultural customs, and more
- Expanded bibliography for further study of historical elements, additional interpretations, and theological themes
- Title: New Beacon Bible Commentary Upgrade 3 Collection
- Series: New Beacon Bible Commentary (NBBC)
- Publisher: Beacon Hill
- Volumes: 3
- Pages: 915