Baker Encountering the Bible Collection (3 vols.)
by 5 authors Moo, Douglas J., Elwell, Walter A., Yarbrough, Robert W., Arnold, Bill T., Beyer, Bryan E.
Baker Academic 2002–2013
Each volume in the Baker Encountering the Bible Collection is designed for classroom use and includes a number of helpful features, including a bibliography for further research, a glossary of key terms, chapter objectives, chapter outlines, chapter study questions, and focus boxes. These three volumes will help the student of the Bible understand both the world of the Scriptures and the issues addressed in modern scholarship. The books offer the expertise of renowned biblical scholars through an engaging and down-to-earth presentation. Surveying the books, culture and context of the Bible is informative and enjoyable. Each volume also provides ample introduction to the modern, academic field of Biblical Studies.
Want more? Complete the series with Encountering John: The Gospel in Historical, Literary, and Theological Perspective!
Images aren’t included in these resources.
- Focus boxes addressing ethical/theological concerns
- Highlight essays isolating key issues
- Learning objectives and a chapter outline
- End-of-chapter study questions, review questions, and chapter summaries
- Encountering the Old Testament: A Christian Survey, 2nd ed. by Bill T. Arnold and Bryan E. Beyer
- Encountering the New Testament: A Historical and Theological Survey, 3rd ed. by Robert W. Yarbrough and Walter A. Elwell
- Encountering the Book of Romans by Douglas J. Moo
- Title: Baker Encountering the Bible Collection
- Publisher: Baker
- Volumes: 3
- Pages: 1,216