The New Beacon Bible Commentary series is an engaging, indispensable reference tool that equips you to study and meditate on God’s Word. Written from the Wesleyan theological perspective, it offers insightful scholarship to help you unlock Scripture’s deeper truths and garner an awareness of the history, culture, and context attributed to each book studied. Readable, relevant, and academically thorough, it offers a new standard for understanding and interpreting the Bible in the twenty-first century.
Genesis 1–11 is clear and accessible without sacrificing serious scholarship. In the Logos edition, each Scripture passage links to your favorite translation, and is easy to study side by side with your other Genesis commentaries. You can search by topic or Scripture with remarkably fast results.
Looking for additional New Beacon Bible Commentary volumes? The New Beacon Bible Commentary (8 vols.), New Beacon Bible Commentary Upgrade Collection (13 vols.), and New Beacon Bible Commentary Upgrade 2 Collection (4 vols.) are available.
- The latest scholarship from a notable expert in the Wesleyan tradition
- Convenient introductory material, including information on authorship, dating, history, audience, sociological/cultural issues, purpose, literary features, theological themes, hermeneutical issues, and more
- Clear verse-by-verse explanations that offer a contemporary, Wesleyan-based understanding derived from the passage’s original language
- Comprehensive annotation divided into three sections:
- Background elements behind the text
- Verse-by-verse details and meanings
- Significance, relevance, intertextuality, and application
- Insight into theological issues, word meanings, archaeological connections, historical relevance, cultural customs, and more
- Expanded bibliography for further study of historical elements, additional interpretations, and theological themes
- Title: Genesis 1–11
- Author: Joseph Coleson
- Series: New Beacon Bible Commentary
- Publisher: Beacon Hill
- Publication Date: 2012
- Pages: 304
About Joseph Coleson
Joseph Coleson is professor of Old Testament at Nazarene Theological Seminary. He received his BA from Indiana Wesleyan University and his MA and PhD from Brandeis University. He has served as coeditor of Kardia, the journal of Western Evangelical Seminary, and is a member of the translation team of the New Living Translation and of the Eighth Oxford Institute of Methodist Theological Studies.