Abraham: Following God's Promise (5 print books)
The complete church curriculum for leaders and pastors is available here for $89.95. The version for individuals and group members is available here for $19.95. Both versions feature infographics, maps, artifact images, thought-provoking questions, “writable” answer boxes, Bible study tips, an annotated reading list, and printable handouts. The complete church curriculum for leaders and pastors includes everything in the individual/group member version plus videos, small group lesson plans, sermon outlines, and teaching slideshows.
This is the five-print-copy version of Abraham: Following God’s Promise. The study helps you and your small group dig deeper into the life of Abraham. It’s best used in conjunction with the complete church curriculum. With the print versions, you can extend the complete church curriculum to church members who prefer to work with print material.
Made for Studying
With the print copies, you can write your answers directly in the book—there is ample space to include your own thoughts and answer questions. The print book is designed as a workbook for small group study or individual study.
Praise for the Series
Logos has taken group Bible study to the next level with their new Studies in Faithful Living series. Deeply engaging, biblically accurate, and filled with life-changing applications, this series is destined to be the go-to resource for lay leaders for years to come.
—Israel Loken, Chair, Bible and Theology Departments, College of Biblical Studies, Houston, TX
Each chapter of Abraham: Following God’s Promise is structured to maximize your study:
- Setting the Stage:
- Theme: Introduces the meaning and relevance of an event in Abraham’s life
- Literary Context: Illustrates the conditions surrounding that event
- Historical and Cultural Background: Presents relevant data about the ancient world
- A Closer Look: Gives a walk-through of the event while exploring issues of interpretation, original language, and theology
- Throughout the Bible: Examines discussion of the event elsewhere in the Bible
- Beyond the Bible: Treats references to the event in ancient documents and extracanonical texts and references and by theologians, the church fathers, and contemporary thinkers
- Application: Concludes the chapter by exploring the event’s relevance to your journey of faith
You’ll also find thought-provoking questions and Quick Bits of historical information, original language wording, and ancient thought.
- Stepping Out in Faith (Genesis 11:27–12:9)
- Fear versus Faith (Genesis 12:10–20)
- Active Faith (Genesis 14:1–24)
- Dealing with Doubt (Genesis 15:1–21; 16:1–15)
- Promising the Impossible (Genesis 17:1–18:15)
- Bargaining with God (Genesis 18:16–33; 19:1–38)
- God’s Faithfulness Despite Relapse (Genesis 20:1–18; 21:22–34)
- Of Sons and Sacrifice (Genesis 21:1–21; 22:1–24)
About the Editor and Coauthor
Michael R. Grigoni is the Faithlife Study Bible theological editor, and previously served as the Studies in Faithful Living series editor and Logos Bible Software’s managing editor of Bible reference. Michael has also served as a trained hospital chaplain, assisted in pastoring, and led worship for large congregations. He holds a Master of Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School.
About the Authors
Miles Custis is the author of The End of the Matter: Understanding the Epilogue of Ecclesiastes, a Faithlife Study Bible contributing editor, and a regular Bible Study Magazine and Lexham Bible Dictionary contributor. He holds a Master of Arts in Biblical Studies from Trinity Western University.
Douglas Mangum is a PhD candidate in Near Eastern studies at the University of Free State; he holds a Master of Arts in Hebrew and Semitic Studies from the University of Wisconsin–Madison. He is a Lexham English Bible editor, a Faithlife Study Bible contributing editor, a regular Bible Study Magazine contributor, and a frequently consulted specialist for the Lexham Bible Dictionary.
Matthew M. Whitehead has served as a Faithlife Study Bible contributing editor and Bible Study Magazine contributor. He assisted with the digitization process for the Discoveries in the Judaean Desert series and worked on the Oxford Hebrew Bible project. Matthew holds an MDiv from Northwest Baptist Seminary and is pursuing an MA in biblical studies at Trinity Western University.
About the Series
The Studies in Faithful Living series examines the lives of biblical characters who responded faithfully to God’s call. Each volume explores key events in these characters’ lives, combining the depth you expect from a biblical commentary with application and teaching insights. Each volume is available as an individual/group member version or as a complete church curriculum version for pastors/teachers.
- Title: Abraham: Following God’s Promise (5 print copies)
- Authors: Miles Custis, Michael R. Grigoni, Douglas Mangum, and Matthew M. Whitehead
- Editor: Michael R. Grigoni
- Series: Studies in Faithful Living
- Publisher: Lexham Press
- Publication Date: 2012
- Pages: 100
- Size: 8 ½ x 11