D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones (1899–1981) is recognized as one of the last century’s most gifted preachers and writers. He was influential in the Reformed wing of the British evangelical movement in the 20th century.
Lloyd-Jones first studied medicine, but left that field and went to Wales in 1927 to follow his calling to preach. He became the minister of a Welsh Presbyterian Church in Abervon, South Wales where he ministered for a decade.
In 1929, Lloyd-Jones went to London where he was appointed the associate pastor of Westminster Chapel working alongside G. Campbell Morgan. This ministry lasted for 30 years until Lloyd-Jones retired in 1968. He also served at Inter-Varsity Fellowship of Students which is known today as the Universities and Colleges Christian Fellowship.