Tabletalk Magazine, February 2006: The Historical Books
Ligonier Ministries 2006
The February 2006 issue of Tabletalk is on the historical books of the Old Testament — from the conquest of Canaan to the post-exilic restoration. It is a sad fact that most Christian’s do not know their own history. As members of God’s family, it would be fruitful to understand His redemptive plans wrought through His people Israel. This issue of Tabletalk serves to remind Christians from whence they came and to where they are going in light of the Messiah’s inauguration of God’s kingdom on earth.
Contributors include R.C. Sproul along with Bryan D. Estelle, David M. Howard, Steven J. Lawson, Robert Rothwell, R.C. Sproul Jr., and Gene Edward Veith. Tabletalk features articles about topics central to the Christian faith and daily, in-depth Bible studies.
The 2006 Bible studies take a careful look at the book of Genesis.
- "The Heart Restored" by Burk Parsons
- "An Historic Faith" by R. C. Sproul
- "Conquest and Settlement" by Bryan D. Estelle
- "The Everlasting Kingdom" by Robert Rothwell
- "Exile and Restoration" by David M. Howard Jr.
- "Freedom and Its Obligations" by Chris Donato
- "Can Snakes Talk?" by Derek W. H. Thomas
- "Of Gardens and Graves, Death and Life" by Warren A. Gage
- "Christ the Conqueror" by Charles H. Spurgeon
- "The Real Prayer of Jabez" by Steven J. Lawson
- "The God of Space and Time" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "The Historical Truth" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, February 2006: The Historical Books
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: February 2006
- Pages: 63
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.