The theme of the June 2009 issue of Tabletalk is “The Parable of the Sower” and it provides an exposition of this parable of Jesus, focusing on the gracious work of God in salvation.
Contributors include R. C. Sproul, Daniel Doriani, Michael Glodo, Lane Keister, Robert Rothwell, Scotty Smith, and Justin Taylor.
The 2009 Bible studies look at the apostle Paul’s life and thought in a study of the books the frame his career: Galatians, the very first letter he wrote, and 1 and 2 Timothy and Titus, the last epistles to come from him.
- "Grace Alone" by R. C. Sproul
- "The Wayside and the Rocks" by Dan Doriani
- "The Thorns" by Robert Rothwell
- "The Good Soil" by Michael J. Glodo
- "The High Calling of Women" by Tom Ascol
- "Character Qualifications" by Terry L. Johnson
- "Home to Glory" by John P. Sartelle
- "Marching Orders" by Kim Riddlebarger
- "Pastor’s Perspective" by Lane Keister
- "For the Church" by Justin Taylor
- "Generation to Generation" by Scotty Smith
- "Tolle Lege: Take Up and Read" by Keith A. Mathison
- "Seek Ye First" by R. C. Sproul Jr.
- "Truth and Consequences" by Gene Edward Veith
Praise for the Print Edition
Tabletalk has been a key ingredient in the diet of Christians conscious of their spiritual vitality.
—Michael S. Horton
Month by month, Tabletalk represents an oasis in a desert of false spirituality, mindless Christianity, and vapid conviction. Tabletalk represents theological rigor, biblical Christianity, and authentic Christian devotion. It is an antidote to the world of superficial Christianity. Read it and grow.
—R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
Tabletalk has been a wonderful resource in my own daily walk with the Lord.
- Title: Tabletalk Magazine, June 2009: The Parable of the Sower
- Executive Editor: R. C. Sproul
- Editor: Burk Parsons
- Series: Tabletalk
- Publisher: Ligonier Ministries
- Publication Date: June 2009
- Pages: 83
About the Editors
R. C. Sproul is founder and president of Ligonier Ministries and president of Ligonier Academy. He also servers as the senior pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he has written more than seventy books including Defending Your Faith, Abortion: A Rational Look at an Emotional Issue, The Truth of the Cross, Truths We Confess, and commentaries on Romans and John in the Saint Andrew’s Expositional Commentary series.
Burk Parsons serves as editor of Tabletalk and associate pastor of Saint Andrew’s in Sanford, Fla., and he is editor of the books Assured by God: Living in the Fullness of God’s Grace and John Calvin: A Heart for Devotion, Doctrine, and Doxology.