Logos Bible Software is looking for a resourceful writer to compose solid, valuable content. There’s a lot to be said about what Logos is doing in the world of Christian software and content—we need someone to say it. If you’re a wordsmith with a knack for storytelling, explanation, and SEO, we might have a sweet job and lots of free espresso for you.
- Write and edit content for Logos websites, including:
- Author bios
- Product category descriptions
- How-to articles
- Corporate information
- News and announcements
- Compose blog posts for Logos Talk and Vyrso Voice
- Research and anticipate market trends
- Create lead generation content (white papers, ebooks, webinar and video scripts)
- Work under senior copywriter to craft clear, profitable messages
- Collaborate with managers, designers, and editors to create valuable, appealing material
- Proofread copy
Here’s what we’re looking for in a writer:
- Engaging, informative writing style
- SEO competence
- Excellent grammar and punctuation
- Consistent use of the active voice
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Understanding of Christian lay, academic, and pastoral markets
- Multi-tasking skills, creativity under pressure, and the ability to prioritize demanding projects
- Succinctness and elegance (tell us what’s wrong with this bullet point)
The really ideal candidate will also have:
- Prior writing and/or research experience
- Biblical or theological training
- An impeccable grasp of the Chicago Manual of Style
- Fierce dedication to excellence
- Write the following copy for the current Free Book of the Month
- LogosTalk blog post (200–400 words)
- Bio for the book’s author (100–300 words)
The blog post should persuade readers to download the book and enter the giveaway while informing them of the book’s and author’s significance. The author bio should communicate the author’s chief accomplishments and published works. Don’t forget to download your own copy of the book, too!
- Send your résumé, cover letter, portfolio, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or Send by Mail to:
Logos Bible Software
Attn: Jobs—Web Content Writer
1313 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-4307
Applications without writing samples will not be considered.
This is a full-time position working out of our offices in downtown Bellingham, Washington. Logos Bible Software is a strong, growing company that offers a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental care, and 401(k). We also offer free soda pop, an espresso machine, a bike shop, reduced cost gym memberships, and continuous learning programs. Please visit our blog to learn about our corporate culture and the winner of our latest chili cook off.
* We will not consider applications for remote employment or telecommuting.