Junior Front-End Developer
Write code that matters.
Junior Front-End Developers are part of the Marketing Technology Team and work with various departments to produce and test new websites, manage the code base for existing websites, and keep up on industry trends. We pride ourselves on using the latest technologies, including HTML5, CSS3, preprocessor tools such as LESS and SASS, jQuery, and Git/SVN.
- Develop functional and appealing web applications based on usability and appeal to the Christian marketplace
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Create quality work on tight timelines
- Work in concert with back-end developers to create code that integrates with existing code and practices and that meets or exceeds our standard of quality
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are visually consistent across browsers and platforms
- Implement mobile friendly design to ensure pages render properly in desktop and mobile environments.
- Deliver error free pages that load quickly
- Support tagging necessary to deliver business analytics and testing when required
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product's interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge, is a must. You will be expected to work consultatively with our design, promotions, mobile, and back end development teams to ensure front end development work meets both business requirements and quality standards.
You will be responsible for helping line of business managers create pages and promotions that can be executed with the commerce tools available to you, and recommend improvements to, or new, tools to meet evolving needs as prioritized.
An ability to achieve proper layout aesthetics and meet UI specifications through quality programming is a prerequisite in the front-end web developer role.
Because front-end web developers are responsible for writing code that integrates with our commerce engine, they must be able to effectively communicate with, and iterate based on feedback from, the back-end development team.
The best candidates have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems, with a willingness to work in our legacy systems and patiently partner with business leads to ensure they are evolving with the needs of the business and the Christian market.
Faithlife builds award-winning mobile, web, and desktop applications in a casual, yet fast-paced environment. We create a diverse set of products, including Logos Bible Software, Faithlife, Proclaim, Vyrso, and Biblia.com.
Faithlife is frequently nominated as a Washington Best Workplace, and has also been recognized as a Best Christian Workplace. Most recently, we were honored as one of Glassdoor.com's Top-10 Best Medium-Sized Companies to Work For.
Great work speaks for itself. We don’t need you wasting time formatting a résumé or polishing a cover letter if you don’t have one. Instead, send us your portfolio so we can check out the awesome websites you’ve worked on.
Got a résumé handy?
We’ll take that too! Email firstname.lastname@example.org