Write code that matters.
Front-End Developers work in a team environment with designers and backend developers to build best-in-class web experiences, whether by creating new pages, or managing the code base for existing websites. We are looking for someone who is willing to stay current with evolving technologies and front end development trends. The ideal candidate is creative and can work closely with our design team to produce elegant and efficient web products.
- Posses an advanced knowledge of web and mobile UI/UX; adhere to and extrapolate complex design systems and apply to coded pages, screens and states
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Create quality work on tight timelines
- Work in concert with back-end developers to create code that integrates with existing code and practices and that meets or exceeds our standard of quality
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are visually consistent across browsers and platforms
- Implement mobile friendly design to ensure pages render properly in desktop and mobile environments.
- Deliver error free pages that load quickly
- Support tagging necessary to deliver business analytics and testing when required
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product's interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, with some back-end knowledge, is a must. You will be expected to work consultatively with our design, promotions, mobile, and back end development teams to ensure front end development work meets both business requirements and quality standards.
You will be responsible for helping line of business managers create pages and promotions that can be executed with the commerce tools available to you, and recommend improvements to, or new, tools to meet evolving needs as prioritized.
An ability to achieve proper layout aesthetics and meet UI specifications through quality programming is a prerequisite in the front-end web developer role.
- Object Oriented CSS
- CSS systems such as LESS and SASS
- CMS related systems
- SEO/Social Media
- Grunt Automation
- Bootstrap type CSS grids
- Google Analytics
- Standards-compliant code
- At least 3-5 years experience in web environments, developing websites and front end UI. Having a portfolio of work that is currently live is a bonus
Faithlife builds award-winning mobile, web, and desktop applications in a casual, yet fast-paced environment. We create a diverse set of products, including Logos Bible Software, Faithlife, Proclaim, Vyrso, and Biblia.com.
Faithlife is frequently nominated as a Washington Best Workplace, and has also been recognized as a Best Christian Workplace. Most recently, we were honored as one of Glassdoor.com's Top-10 Best Medium-Sized Companies to Work For.
Great work speaks for itself. We don’t need you wasting time formatting a résumé or polishing a cover letter if you don’t have one. Instead, send us your portfolio so we can check out the awesome websites you’ve worked on.
Got a résumé handy?
We’ll take that too! Email email@example.com