Faithlife Corporation is seeking a part-time Proofreader to join our Mobile Education department.
The ideal candidate
- Loves grammar and syntax
- Is succinct
- Listens well
- Has a passion for learning
- Abandons reading poorly edited books
- Enjoys editing something due in half an hour
- Knows when and how to use an en dash
- Can spot a double space after a period
- Can’t get enough of Merriam-Webster’s Usage Dictionary
- Reads style guides for entertainment
- Knows what’s new in the 16th edition of The Chicago Manual of Style
- Can flawlessly shift between multiple style guides
- Is very knowledgeable about biblical books, periods, themes, and genres
Job Duties Include
- Serving as final proofreader on course transcripts
- Copyediting for grammar, usage, and style
- Copyediting quizzes, midterms, and final exams
Please send a résume, cover letter, and two 500-word-or-less writing samples to email@example.com In your cover letter, please identify the optional grammatical element in the previous sentence and indicate which style guides do or do not use it.
* We will not consider applications for remote employment or telecommuting.