Logos Bible Software is seeking a full-time proofreader to join our Mobile Ed Department.
The ideal candidate
- Loves grammar and syntax
- Is succinct
- Listens well
- Has a passion for learning
- Abandons reading poorly edited books
- Has a hyperactive attention to detail
- Enjoys proofing something due in half an hour
- Knows when and how to use an en dash
- Can spot a double space after a period
- Can’t get enough of Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary of English Usage
- Reads style guides for entertainment
- Knows what’s new in the 16th edition of The Chicago Manual of Style
- Can flawlessly shift between multiple style guides
- Is very knowledgeable about biblical books, periods, themes, and genres
Job duties include
- Serving as final proofreader on course transcripts
- Copyediting for grammar, usage, and style
- Copyediting quizzes, midterms, and final exams
This is a full time position working out of our offices in downtown Bellingham, Washington.* Logos Bible Software is a strong, growing company that offers a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental care, and 401(k). We also offer free soda pop, an espresso machine, a bike shop, reduced cost gym memberships, and continuous learning programs. Please visit our blog to learn about our corporate culture and the winner of our latest chili cook off.
Please send a résumé*, cover letter, and two 500-word-or-less writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 360-527-1707. Send by mail to:
Logos Bible Software
1313 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-4307
*In your cover letter, please identify the optional grammatical element in the previous sentence and indicate which style guides do or do not use it.
* We will not consider applications for remote employment or telecommuting.