Instructional Media Specialist
For this position, flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative atmosphere are musts. Our primary post-production tools are Final Cut Pro X and Motion. You will be working with a team of instructional designers and video technicians that produces content and video products aimed at the
Responsibilities include watching lecture videos and summarizing complex ideas in on-screen text. Other tasks involve editing video in Final Cut Pro X, color correction, audio mastering, and preparing media for delivery. You will collaborate with our experienced in-house video crew, and will be required to work many aspects of post-production and meet hard deadlines.
The ideal candidate
- Has the ability to summarize complex ideas
- Pays attention to details such as extensive meta–data tagging, grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Has two or more years’ experience editing video footage (Final Cut Pro 7 or X, Adobe Premier, or AVID)
- Is proficient with Macintosh computers
- Uses audio filters and effects in video projects and understands how they work
- Is experienced in primary-color correction, with an understanding of how to use scopes and achieve proper color balance
- Is knowledgeable about the Bible and has a solid understanding of Christian culture, language, and values
- Most importantly, is motivated to quickly learn, communicate, and collaborate to bring awesome products to the market
The really ideal candidate
- Has extensive biblical-domain knowledge
- Is experienced transcoding video exports to multiple formats
- Is experienced with streaming video and other video deployment technologies
- Has extensive experience with audio compression and equalization
- Has worked with a video production team of more than two people
- Is experienced in managing large amounts of data
- Employs an editing style based on making the most use of keyboard shortcuts
- Has knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
All applicants must be able to show examples of their work (both video editing and writing).
This is a full time position working out of our offices in downtown Bellingham, Washington. Logos Bible Software is a strong, growing company that offers a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental care, and 401(k). We also offer free soda pop, an espresso machine, a bike shop, reduced cost gym memberships, and continuous learning programs. Please visit our blog to learn about our corporate culture and the winner of our latest chili cook off. We will not consider applications for remote employment or telecommuting.