Bilingual Customer Accounting Representative (Part-Time)
The Customer Accounting Representative is responsible for assisting customers with their accounts, supporting personnel in other departments to serve the customer, and accounts-receivable collection duties. The individual in this role works closely with members of the Customer Accounting Team and others within the company to provide necessary support.
Success in this position requires the abilities to multitask, set priorities, meet deadlines, and exhibit pride of ownership in the work performed. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be gracious to customers and coworkers while providing excellent support.
This position is part of the Customer-Accounting Team and this team has three focal areas: Customer Service, Staff Support, and Collections. Individuals in the Customer Accounting Representative role are called upon from time to time to fulfill any of the functions of the team, but will generally be assigned one specific focal area. The section below includes the significant responsibilities of each focal area, though other responsibilities will arise from time to time.
- Customer service
- Answer customer calls and emails in an efficient and gracious manner
- Receive and allocate payments correctly and ensure customer balances
- Data entry, including entering orders, updating credit-card information, and keeping customer records up to date
- Assist with customer returns and payment plan adjustments
- Internal staff support
- Assist personnel from the Sales and Customer-Support departments with addressing issues with customer accounts
- Process and record customer returns and allowances
- Process modifications to customer payment plans
- Assist salespersons by entering customer orders taken at conferences and other events
- Contact customers whose accounts are not being paid as agreed and graciously assist them in bringing their account current
- Devise and administer workout strategies with slow-paying customers in a way that ensures optimal cash collections for the company while offering gracious solutions to the customer
The ideal candidate
- Speaks fluent English and Spanish
- Works well with others—both inside and outside the accounting department—and consistently focuses on the success of the organization and others rather than self
- Is attentive to detail and self-reliant with exceptional follow through and organization
- Has a working knowledge of programs including Word and Excel, and is comfortable with the basic use of accounting software
- Is very comfortable conversing with customers by telephone to answer questions, make alternative payment arrangements, and resolve complaints and disputes
- Has excellent written communication skills necessary to respond to customer and employee inquiries in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Clearly exhibits the ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and excel in what is often a fast-paced work environment
The really ideal candidate
- Has experience with customer-service functions, data entry, and/or collections
- Is passionate—both about their work and other aspects of their life
This is a part time position working out of our offices in downtown Bellingham, Washington. Logos Bible Software is a strong, growing company that offers a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental care, and 401(k). We also offer free soda pop, an espresso machine, a bike shop, reduced cost gym memberships, and continuous learning programs. Please visit our blog to learn about our corporate culture and the winner of our latest chili cook off. We will not consider applications for remote employment or telecommuting.