Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, handling logistics with events, making travel arrangements, and scheduling meetings. Must have exceptional communication skills both written and verbal. Must relieve the director of administrative type functions in order to increase the time the director has available for director level responsibilities. Must handle a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office. Must prepare routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda, and reports. Must be willing to travel during some parts of the year to events.
The ideal candidate:
- Detail-oriented and Organized
- Conserves director's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- People-person with great phone etiquette
- Clear Communicator
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a hectic fast-paced environment
- Excellent at time management
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Outlook and Excel)
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Strong ability to deal with vendors and hold responsible for contracts
- Must be a quick thinker who is able to handle unexpected changes and quickly respond to new directions and tasks
- Able to handle meeting dictation and capture action items expressed
- Experienced with booking travel
The really ideal candidate
- Type 45 wpm with minimal errors
- Experience using an iPad
- 3 years’ experience of administrative support
We’re looking for a candidate with those qualities and more who can work in our Business Development department. This is a full-time position working out of our offices in downtown Bellingham, Washington.* Logos Bible Software is a strong, growing company that offers a comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, dental care, and 401(k). We also offer free soda pop, an espresso machine, a bike shop, reduced cost gym memberships, and continuous learning programs. Please visit our blog to learn about our corporate culture and the winner of our latest chili cook off.
Please send a résumé and/or cover letter, including WPM typing stats and familiarity with Microsoft Office, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 360-527-1707. Send by mail to:
Logos Bible Software
Attn: Jobs—Administrative Assistant
1313 Commercial Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-4307
* We will not consider applications for remote employment or telecommuting.