Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
Just like the CIA publishes The World Factbook with facts and figures about the countries of the world, Logos 6 presents the Factbook (replacing Bible Facts in Logos 5), which produces reports about biblical people, places, things, and events, as well as a host of other subjects. In addition to being opened from numerous hyperlinks throughout the program and the Context menu, the Factbook is housed and accessed from the Tools menu.
- Choose Tools | Factbook
- Type a subject in the box (A), such as a:
- Biblical book, like Ephesians
- Biblical person, like Moses
- Biblical place, like Jericho
- Biblical thing, like sandal
- Biblical event, like feed 5000
- Biographical person, like John Wesley
- Topic, like baptism
- Cultural concept, like marriage
- Preaching theme, like mercy
- Select your desired item from the drop-down list (or press the Enter key if your item is already highlighted in the list) (B)
- Dictionary articles
- Search results from your library
- Referent dataset
- Community tags
- Miscellaneous links to Wikipedia and searches
For quick access to the Factbook, right click a word in a Bible and open the Factbook from the Context menu! The more you use it, the more you’ll be impressed with this goldmine of information neatly organized in a hyperlinked article for almost any subject related to biblical studies.