If you’ve been to Camp Logos before you know I’m a big fan of the right click menu which houses shortcuts to numerous Logos features. Here’s one of my favorites.
Let’s say you’ve previously created a Theology Books search collection. You’re now studying John 1:3 in your favorite Bible and you want to discover where this verse is mentioned only in this collection of theological resources. Try this:
- Right click on any word in John 1:3 of your open Bible
- Select Reference John 1:3
- Select Search entire library (You can’t designate a specific collection on the right click menu, but since searching is so fast it’s OK to search the entire library.)
- Select a specific collection from the drop down range list on the Search panel (In other words change Entire Library to a collection like Theology Books.)
Notice the search displays the location of where your exact reference is mentioned such as John 1:3, Jn1.3, verse 3, etc.
To transform this exact search into an intersection:
- Change the equals sign ( = ) in the search query to the tilde ( ~ )
- Press the Enter key to generate the search
Now notice you’re getting hits such as John 1:1-5, Jn 1.2-6, etc. As long as John 1:3 intersects with the reference in the book, Logos finds it!
This specific search is but one of many powerful Logos features we cover in Camp Logos 2.
And some exciting news is that you have a couple of upcoming opportunities to participate in Camp Logos 2.
First, we are having our first National Camp Logos 2 on November 10-11 in Bellingham, WA. This is our first National Camp 2 covering Logos 4. In addition to the beautiful scenery, you’ll have two full days of learning how to customize your Logos, as well as catered meals and a tour of the new Logos Headquarters! Register and learn more details about National Camp 2 here.
Also, if you haven’t heard yet, we now have Camp Logos 2 LIVE on DVD-ROM available to pre-order. These DVDs contain in-depth content on how to take the next step with your Logos Bible Software, but it also features arrows, highlights, or callouts for every instruction that I give. There are also many graphics spread throughout the training to call attention to important concepts. If you enjoyed Camp Logos LIVE, I guarantee that you’ll also enjoy Camp 2 LIVE.
And remember, there is both a PC and a Mac version that is tailored to the corresponding version of Logos. Pre-order your copy today!
What right click menu shortcut have you found the most helpful?