During a recent study, I wanted to go to the verse where the biblical writer admonishes the lazy person to observe the actions of the ant. For the life of me, however, I could not remember where the verse was located.
I also didn’t want to interrupt the flow of my study to build an elaborate search so I turned to the Logos 6 feature called Inline Searching. Here’s how I leveraged the tool to quickly locate a verse:
- Open any Bible such as the ESV (A)
- Click the Inline Search icon on the Bible’s toolbar (B)
- Make sure to set the:
- Search type to Bible (C)
- Verse range to All Passages (D)
- Type this query in the Find box: ant sluggard (which locates all verses in the selected Bible containing both words ant AND sluggard) (E)
- Press the Enter key to generate the search results
- Notice all verses not containing both words are removed from the display leaving only Proverbs 6:6 (in the ESV) (F)
- Click the Inline Search icon again to return the Bible to normal view (G)
I don’t know about you, but with all the power of Logos at my fingertips, I sometimes forget the simple solutions to some everyday tasks. This Inline Search turns any Bible into an instant concordance!
To learn more about Searching, and the other Logos features, please check out the Logos 6 Training Manual Bundle Volumes 1 & 2.
If you are Logos Now subscriber please check out the Logos Now Training Manual, for up-to-date training on the newest features.
Morris Proctor is a certified trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
Leave a comment