On the Tools menu is a feature called Information, which we normally use with interlinear Bibles. Simply by hovering on or clicking a word in the Bible, Information populates with tons of data about that word.
This tool, however, can also be used with any book and will provide instant definitions for unfamiliar words!
- Choose Tools |Lookup | Information (A)
- Open any book from your Library such as the Lexham Bible Dictionary (B)
- Navigate to any location in the resource such as the article for Levi, son of Jacob in the LBD (C)
- Rest the cursor on a word in the resource such as eponym in the LBD (D)
- Notice the Definition section in Information populates with data (E) from your highest prioritized dictionary with an article for this word! (F)
This is a great trick for looking up the meanings of unfamiliar words without interrupting the flow of your reading by having to open additional resources on the screen.
Of course in the above example, Information is set to update on hover and the Definition section is visible. You can certainly customize Information if yours didn’t function as I outlined.
For more detailed and exhaustive instructions about the Information tool, please check out 24/7 video training at mpseminars.com.
And don’t forget to follow faithlife.com/mpseminars and you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse.L