In a recent blog I wrote about the pronunciation of biblical names. In response, someone asked this question:
Where in Logos can one hear how Greek words are pronounced?
So just in case you didn’t know, I’ll show you where to go to hear various Greek texts read aloud by Faithlife’s own Dr. John Schwandt, Executive Director of Mobile Education.
Editor’s Note: The read-aloud functionality below requires The Greek Audio New Testament, which is available to add to your Logos base package here.. If you have the Logos 7 Full Feature set (also included in most older Logos base packages), you also have access to individual Greek word pronunciation; for a short demo, see this informal video.
- Open a Greek Bible such as: (A)
- The Greek New Testament, Fifth Revised Edition (with Morphology)
- The Greek New Testament, Fourth Revised Edition (with Morphology)
- The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition
- The Lexham Greek-English Interlinear New Testament: SBL Edition
- Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament, 28th Edition
- The New Testament in Greek (Scrivener 1881)
- The New Testament in the Original Greek (Westcott and Hort)
- The New Testament in the Original Greek: Byzantine Textform 2005
- Navigate to your desired passage (B)
- Choose the panel menu on the Bible (C)
- Select Show word by word indicator (D)
- Choose the panel menu on the Bible again (C)
- Select Read aloud Greek audio New Testament (John Schwandt) (E)
- Sit back and enjoy the Greek text read to you and notice the:
- blue circle indicator on each word as it’s read (F)
- control buttons in the upper right of the program (G)
Obviously this is a high end feature, but if you’re a current Greek student or someone wanting to refresh some rusty Greek, then this is a great tool for you!
For more detailed information about Logos 7 features, please check out the Logos 7 Bible Software Training Manual Bundle available in both print and digital formats.
Also, for an exciting and quick way to learn the software, attend an upcoming Camp Logos in Baltimore/Columbia, MD May 2 – May 4 or Camp Logos Colorado Springs, CO May 22 -24!