The makers of our Logos Bible Software have labeled all sorts of information in the Bible. Each group of tags or labels is called a dataset.
Recently, I’ve received several questions about explanations for specific datasets:
- What does this label mean?
- How do I search a dataset?
- Which resources were used in developing this dataset?
In light of these questions, I wanted to show you where you can find great and practical explanations of datasets:
- Open the Library
- Place this text in the Library’s Find box: type:manual (A)
- Notice the list of Documentation resources in the list (B)
These short resources are authored by the very people who created the datasets themselves, so the explanations will be spot on! I encourage you to periodically open one and read it which will probably take no more than 5–10 minutes.
The documentation will usually:
- Explain the rationale for the dataset
- Show you where to find the dataset in the software
- Offer practical suggestions for using and searching the dataset
As you systematically move through this documentation, you’ll discover goldmines of datasets throughout the Bible which will deepen your study of Scripture.
And for 24/7 Logos training, check out the new MPSeminarsOnline.com website.
Remember to follow Faithlife.com/mpseminars and you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse.