Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
I recently received this question from a Logos user: I am trying to find Paul’s co-laborers who are women. Is there a way to search just for the women in Paul’s letters? Excellent question! Happily the answer is “yes” with the Concordance tool found in Logos Now.
If you’re not familiar with Logos Now please check it out because, in my humble opinion, the Concordance feature by itself makes Logos Now a worthy investment. Among many other things, the Concordance tool can build master lists of people in Scripture. Then we can filter those lists according to numerous characteristics including gender! If you are a subscriber to Logos Now, try this out:
Choose Tools | Concordance (A)
- From the resource drop-down menu, select a Bible with an interlinear option such as the NASB, NKJV, LEB, or ESV .(B)
- Be patient because the initial creation of the Concordance list in an interlinear Bible is going to take a couple of minutes. (C)
- After the results display, select Biblical Entity from the reference drop down list. “Biblical Entities” include the people, places, and things in the Bible. (D)
- SelectPauline Epistles from the verse-range drop-down list to limit the search to Paul’s letters. (E)
- Select Woman (F) from the Kind section in the Sidebar
You’re now seeing a list of all the women mentioned in Paul’s letters, regardless of how they’re referenced: by name, she, her, their, etc.! (G)