- What is Faithlife? Why do I have an account with them?
In August 2014, the company known as Logos Bible Software was rebranded as Faithlife Corporation. We are the same company and still the makers of Logos Bible Software, but Faithlife encompasses many other services to serve the Church. The Faithlife family of resources includes an integrated church platform, academic study resources, ebooks, and more. All of these tools are connected by a single account—your Faithlife account. Learn more about Faithlife.
If you previously created an account on Logos.com, it is still active and valid. It has simply been renamed as your Faithlife account.
- What is my Faithlife username and password?
Your username is the email address you used to create your account. Your user-created password was entered during the account creation process. Both your email address and password can be changed once you have logged in to your Faithlife account.
- I forgot my password. How can I reset it?
If you know which email address you used to sign in, you can reset your password here.
If you do not have access to your email account anymore, contact customer support by phone at 800-875-6467 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I’ve experienced a problem with my account or Logos software. What should I do?
Tip: If you’re experiencing a more technical issue, like an “error” or “crash,” please visit our Support Page for possible solutions. If your issue is not covered, you might consider emailing our Technical Support Department. You’ll find instruction for reporting these issues on Windows here. Mac users, click here.
- Can I use Logos on my mobile devices?
Yes. You can install Logos on all your favorite devices. When you log in to Logos apps using your Faithlife account, you will always have access to your library and most recent work.
- What is the End User License Agreement (EULA)?
You can view our EULA here.
The EULA is the license every user agrees to when he or she installs a copy of Logos Bible Software. In essence, the EULA says the software can be used by one user on multiple devices. Your base package is yours for your own personal use and can be used on your PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android, and other devices at home or at work.
You can view our Privacy Statement here.
- What am I allowed to do with Faithlife/Logos media? Is it copyrighted?
Logos 8 delivers a rich set of media collections, which raises some questions: What am I allowed to do with Faithlife/Logos media? Is it copyrighted? Do I have to ask permission to show it in front of an audience? What about posting to social media?
The answers to these questions depend on the media. Logos media collection slides, videos, and still photographs are released under four different licenses: Public Domain, Logos Free, Logos User, and Copyrighted. For more information, please read Permissions & Copyright for Logos Media.
- Why was an item in my cart replaced with a different item automatically?
If you are purchasing an individual book or collection, and then you add a bundle that contains the individual book or collection in your cart, we will remove the individual book because that item is contained within the bundle. This ensures you won’t pay for the same book twice.
- What is Faithlife’s return policy?
We have a 30-day money-back guarantee return period on all non-subscription products. Once your product is returned, we will process your refund within 7–10 business days. Any specific item may be returned only once for the lifetime of your account. Please contact Customer Service at 888-875-6467 for help with your return.
- If I live outside the United States, what currency will be used for my order?
All orders on Logos.com will be purchased using USD.
- Are there any restrictions on the coupon code I received?
You can view our coupon code restrictions and exclusions here.
- What is Logos Bible Software?
Logos is the world’s leading Bible software. Its massive networked libraries, fast searches, original language tools, and helpful Bible–knowledge features help you draw insight from the Word. The software’s beautiful media allows you to easily share these insights with others. No matter what device you’re using—Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android—you can take your library anywhere.
- What is a base package?
A base package is made up of two essential parts:
- A Logos 8 theological library that includes commentaries, reference works, and other helpful biblical resources
- A Logos 8 Feature Set made up of tools and datasets that work in coordination with your library to give you deep, powerful Bible study
The power of Logos 8 is how these two work together. Logos 8 libraries are curated to help you get the most out of the Logos 8 Feature Set. You can learn more about base packages here.
- What are datasets, and how do I use them?
Datasets are curated by a team of Bible specialists. They have tagged common names, nicknames, pronouns, phrases, and numerous other data points within the Bible to help make your Bible study more efficient and effective. The power behind Logos is within the datasets.
- Where can I learn about what’s new in Logos 8?
To learn more about the new features, functionality, and resources you can get with Logos 8, visit Logos.com/8.
- Where can I learn more about using Logos 8?
The best place to begin is the Logos Pro page. You’ll also want to read the Logos blog, where we explain many of the new features in Logos 8. In addition, we have an active community of forum users who are eager to teach new users how to get the most out of our software. Finally, you may want to consider attending a Camp Logos seminar with authorized trainer Morris Proctor.
- How do I redeem a Mobile Ed course included with my Logos 8 Silver (or above) purchase?
You will receive a coupon code via email and on your receipt. You can redeem that coupon code for any of our individual Mobile Ed courses. You can also visit this page for step-by-step instructions.
- Are there any special pricing options available?
Yes! Students and educational faculty can save on base packages and select resources with our academic program.
- I thought Logos software updates were free—why do I have to pay to upgrade?
We offer free updates to the software to allow you to read your books on new versions of your operating system. You don’t pay for updates at all, and depending on how long you have been using Logos Bible Software, you have probably already received dozens of free updates since your initial purchase.
- Why should I upgrade?
You should upgrade to make sure you have the latest and greatest tools for Bible study and to take advantage of the best value you may ever encounter on a library. The new base packages contain hundreds to thousands of dollars of new content for pennies on the dollar. What’s more, with dynamic pricing your resources are tallied and you receive a custom discount toward your new base package. You only pay for the new content—nothing more.
- Where can I see a list of all the contents in each package?
All the Logos Bible Software base packages have been reconfigured with new content for Logos 7. For a complete list of the exact contents in each package, visit our compare libraries page.
- What happens to books I’ve already purchased if I upgrade to Logos 8?
You keep them all! You won’t lose any books by upgrading. In fact, dynamic pricing analyzes the books you already own, so your current library counts as credit toward your Logos 8 complete upgrade.
- If I own Logos 7 Bronze, and I want to get Logos 8 Bronze, will I lose any features or books?
No. You will gain the new features and books that are part of your Logos 8 Bronze complete upgrade.
- Will I lose my notes, highlights, and favorites when I upgrade to Logos 8?
No. Your notes, highlights, and favorites, when synced to the cloud, will transfer to Logos 8 as long as you have an internet connection.
- Where are all my notes? They aren’t where they were before.
You can learn more about the new Notes system and where to find your notes in Logos 8 here.
- What are the system requirements for Logos 8?
Please visit https://www.logos.com/system-requirements for complete details on system requirements.
- What operating systems does Logos run on?
Logos run on Windown and Mac operating systems. Please visit https://www.logos.com/system-requirements for more on system requirements.
- I have a new computer/operating system. How do I get Logos back without purchasing again?
Just go to the Installation page and follow the directions. You can install as many times as you need to, to whatever operating system you need to, and on as many devices as you need to—as long as you aren’t sharing your library with another person. And remember, if you need quick access to Logos on a computer that doesn’t have the full desktop program installed, you can use the Logos Web App at App.logos.com.
- Do I need to uninstall Logos 4, 5, or 6 before I upgrade?
No. Your Logos 8 upgrade will replace your existing software installation (but not your books and features). If you remove Logos from your computer, you will need to re–download all of your Logos content in Logos 8.
- I just upgraded to Logos 8 and downloaded my books, but my software still indicates I have an older version of Logos. How can I get the Logos 8 engine?
If you are upgrading from Logos 4 or 5 to Logos 8, your new books will automatically download when you restart the software; however, you may need to manually install the new Logos 8 engine. If your computer meets the system requirements for Logos 8, locate the install link on your Order Summary email and follow the instructions.
- I bought a USB drive. When will my order arrive?
Most non–download orders typically arrive in 5–7 business days. Please allow extra time for delivery during the holiday season or if the drive is being shipped internationally.
- What’s the difference between the USB and download versions? What is a “media-only” USB?
If you don’t have high–speed internet, you can purchase any of our base packages on a USB drive. You will receive a USB and may receive an attached serial number with your order for activation.
Most users prefer to download the software instead. Your Logos Bible Software download begins as soon as your purchase is complete, and can be re-downloaded at any time as needed.
The media-only USB is a USB backup of your books, but will require the Logos Core Engine to run. You will need this in addition to your base package purchase.
- Will you release a free version of Logos 8?
We will update this page when Logos 8 Basic is available. Meanwhile, you can get Logos 7 Basic here.
- Is Logos available in languages other than English?
Yes, Logos is available in the following languages:
- I already have an English base package, but am interested in purchasing one in a different language. Can the two be combined? How does it work?
Yes. English language resources are available in English, and foreign language resources are available in that language. You can choose which language to have the software display in. We also offer bilingual packages for certain languages.
- How can I learn Logos today?
- Logos comes with help files within the software. Open the help files by clicking on the question mark icon in the top-right corner of the program, typing Help in the Command Box, or pressing the F1 key.
- You can learn how to use Logos features from Logos Pros here.
- A tutorial resource is included in all Logos 8 base packages. You can find it by searching in the Command Bar for “Logos 8 Quick Start”. Logos 8 Quick Start training is provided by Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
- I purchased a USB copy of Logos. How do I install Logos from the USB?
- Insert USB flash drive into USB slot.
- Locate the setup file and double–click to run it.
- Sign in with your Logos.com account, or create one.
- Enter your 20–digit serial number. (This does not apply for the media-only USB.)
Installation normally takes around 15 mins.
For additional help visit https://www.logos.com/usbinstall
- How do I install my new software?
For step–by–step instructions, visit our installation guide.
- I just purchased a book. How do I install it?
Logos downloads your books automatically. If you’ve completed your purchase, simply restart Logos and the download indicator should appear near your system clock.
- I already own the Logos desktop application. What is the best way to install it?
If you already own Logos, the best way to install (or reinstall) is by download. Please visit our installation page for download instructions.
- I updated to Logos 8. How do I install all the existing books I used in prior versions of Logos?
Logos will automatically download those resources from our servers, along with the base package that you purchased. You can also load books from your Logos 8 USB drive by inserting the USB flash drive into the USB slot, locating the setup file, and double-clicking on it to run it. Then sign in with your Logos.com account (or create one) and enter your 20–digit serial number.
- I just installed Logos. What’s the easiest way to get started?
The Logos desktop application is a very large and expansive research tool, but you can quickly get started right from the Home Page. Simply open your software and click a quick start card to help you jump right into studying, or enter a passage or word you wish to study into the search bar and click Go. You’ll get results from your entire library, including your top Bibles, commentaries and other reference works.
- How do I choose which books show up first?
You can favor certain resources over others. Just open your library, click Prioritize, and drag in your favorite books.
- Is there a place where I can talk about Logos with other users, share tips, and get help along the way?
Yes! We have a very active community in our Forums, where you can chat with longtime “Power Users” and new users alike.
- I’ve got a good handle on basic use, but I know I’m not using Logos to its full potential. Where can I learn to do more in Logos?
- I just purchased a book. How do I install it?
Logos downloads your books automatically. If you’ve completed your purchase, simply restart Logos and you can access it just like you would any other resource in your library. If you don’t have a Logos 8 base package, you can go to app.logos.com/ to access your book.
- Will Faithlife ever remove books from my library?
You really do own purchases you make from us. Even if we, or the publisher, lose rights to sell a resource, you still own the copy you purchased. Faithlife will occasionally change or remove books temporarily available to you through access such as subscriptions. If you have specific questions about books in your library, call customer service at 800-875-6467 and they can help you.
- What is a resource?
A resource is any content in your Logos Bible Software that is licensed to you. This could be a book, media, dataset, or collection.
- If I upgrade to Logos 8, will I have to pay for books I already own?
The content you already own counts toward your own unique dynamic price, so you don’t have to pay for the books you already own.
- What is Dynamic Pricing?
Dynamic Pricing is a unique-to-you discount on a given product based on resources and features you already own, ensuring that you never have to pay for the same book twice. Occasionally due to publisher agreements, some collections are not available for Dynamic Pricing. You can read more about dynamic pricing here.
- How do I get Dynamic Pricing?
Dynamic Pricing is applied automatically for all qualifying products. Simply sign in to your Logos.com account.
- Do I have to repurchase all of my books?
No. Your existing books will move with you to Logos 8. You don’t have to repurchase them.
- How do I install all the existing books that I use?
Logos will automatically download those resources from our servers, along with the base package you purchased. If you are using a USB, you can find out more about how to install here.
- How do I choose which books show up first?
Logos Bible Software uses advanced resource prioritization to determine which books are searched and displayed first in any situation. This means you can favor certain resources over others. Just open your library, click Prioritize, and drag in your favorite books.
- How do I purchase new books?
Logos Bible Software allows you to build a library tailored to your specific study needs. In addition to the books included in base packages, there are tens of thousands more books from over 150 publishers in the Logos ebook format with more coming in through Pre–Pub and Community Pricing all the time. All online purchases will require you to sign in to Logos.com. If you don’t have a current Logos.com account, you will need to register. Be sure to fill in all required fields. Returning users should sign in before shopping.
- Is it possible to use Logos on my mobile device?
- If I start reading a book or make a note on the desktop or Web App, can I pick up from where I left off in the mobile app?
Yes! As long as you are connected to the internet, your notes, highlights, etc. sync across all devices.
- What features are available in the Logos Bible app?
The Logos Bible app includes some of our most popular features from the desktop software, including the Notes, Highlighting, and Text Comparison tools, as well as the Passage Guide, Bible Word Study, Exegetical Guide, and Topic Guide. However, for the best Bible study experience, a Logos base package for a desktop or laptop computer is the best option.
- Do I need to be connected to internet for the app to work?
It depends. You will need to be connected to the internet via your mobile data provider or Wi–Fi to access all the features and resources of the app. We currently offer offline reading support for owned resources, private notes, highlights, and limited searching when you are not able to access the internet. Guides, full searching, word lookup, and Community Notes require an internet connection. To learn how to download a book for offline reading, click here.
- I have a Logos base package. Will I be able to see all my books in the Logos Bible Software app?
Most books in the Logos Base Packages are supported on mobile. However, a few of our older resources may not be available at this time. We are working with all of our publishers to ensure these resources can be available and they will be added as quickly as possible.
- What devices support the Logos Mobile apps for Android?
- Do I have to register my account on my mobile device?
No. However, when you do register, you get 30 free books and the ability to add notes, highlights, and favorites. If you’re already a Logos user, you’ll also get access to your current library.
- How much do the apps cost?
Our mobile apps are free to download from their respective marketplaces, but can be enhanced with additional books by linking to a Faithlife account with purchases.
- Which free books will I have access to on my mobile device?
The specific list of titles may vary over time. To ensure unrestricted access to a free resource, consider purchasing it at Logos.com.
- Do I have to be a Logos customer to use the mobile app?
No. Our application is free for anyone to use and can be downloaded from the app store. However, if you are a Logos user, the app will give you access to books from your Logos library.
- Can I read my books offline?
The current version of our app offers limited offline reading by pre–downloading resources to your device. This requires an internet connection via your wireless carrier or Wi–Fi. Learn More
- What’s the difference between the iPhone and iPad app?
The app is essentially the same for both devices. They use the same general interface, menus, and application from the app store, but they may appear differently based on the available screen size.
- Will the Logos Bible app work with my specific iOS Device? Do I have enough space?
The app will run on any device running iOS 10 or later. The app itself does not take up much space, but installing offline books may require additional storage. Learn more.
- Where can I learn more about using the app?
Our free online training materials are constantly being updated. Visit our iOS Training Page for training on using the iOS app. Visit the Android Training Page for training on using the Android app on both Android devices and Kindle Fire.
- What is a payment plan?
A payment plan gives you the option to spread your payment out over several months. If the one–time price is a bit too much, a payment plan can lighten the load.
- Who qualifies for a payment plan?
Anyone with a billing address in an approved country. Currently all countries are approved except the following:
- Which orders qualify?
All orders over $100.00 (including tax and shipping).
- How long can my payment plan be?
We offer payment plan options from 2-20 months, depending on the size of your purchase. You will see the payment plan options available for your purchase displayed in your shopping cart.
- What will my payment be?
Monthly payments are based on order total including tax and shipping, excluding the price of subscription products that may be on the order. The payment will vary depending on order size, the number of months you choose, the items on the order, and the amount of your initial payment. You can see the payment plan options available for your purchase displayed in your shopping cart, and use the selector to see how your monthly payments would change based on your choices.
- Do you require a downpayment?
Depending on the size and length of the plan being established and the items contained in the order, we will sometimes ask users to make an initial payment that will be greater than the monthly payments to follow. This will be clearly shown in the shopping cart.
- Why am I charged a service fee? Is that interest?
The $5 monthly service fee is not interest, but is collected to cover the very real administrative costs associated with the payment plan.
- Is a payment plan consistent with good stewardship?
Payment plans, like credit cards, can be used either constructively or carelessly. We offer payment plans as a purchase option to allow individuals the opportunity to invest in our Bible study tools in a way that works for them, within their budget constraints.
- What happens to the pennies that can’t be divided equally?
Any remaining pennies that cannot be divided equally are included with the initial payment. For example, an order totaling $300.04 paid over three months would be split into one payment of $100.02 followed by two payments of $100.01.
- How do I purchase a product using a payment plan?
Shop as usual! You will be presented with a payment plan option in your cart on Logos.com or you can call 800-875–6467 and ask a sales representative to assist you with a payment plan.
- Can I combine multiple payment plans?
Yes. Call (800) 875–6467 and ask a representative how!
- Will my payment plan fees be refunded if I return a product?
No. We do not refund payment plan fees on returns.
- Can I put a pre-pub on a payment plan?
Currently we do not allow Pre-Pub orders to be put on payment plans.
- What is different on the new website?
- The application for our Academic Discount Program doesn’t live on the new website yet. We will be rebuilding it for the new site. For the time being, the application will be on our classic site here.
- Redesigned product pages no longer link to a “Resource Detail Page,” which used to be located at the bottom of the page. To access one of those pages, you can change the “www” in your URL to “classic.” For example, https://www.logos.com/product/6162/lexham-english-bible-leb-with-audio-new-testament to https://classic.logos.com/product/6162/lexham-english-bible-leb-with-audio-new-testament
- The page to compare base package libraries is implemented slightly differently on the new site. It allows you to compare traditions against the standard packages but not across traditions. You can access the classic version of that page at https://classic.logos.com/compare/libraries.
- What are the biggest benefits for me as a customer?
The new website provides a mobile-friendly browsing and shopping experience. There are additional features in search, such as ownership filtering, and the product pages have been refreshed.
- Why did Logos.com move to a new platform and refresh the look and feel of the site?
We’ve been working to move all of our commerce websites to a shared website platform for some time now. We did it this past year with Ebooks.Faithlife.com and Verbum.com. Most of our other commerce sites are already on this shared platform: Connect.Faithlife.com, Lexhampress.com, Ebooks.Noet.com, de.Logos.com, etc.
Having all of our websites on a single platform will allow for a uniform, mobile-friendly shopping experience. It will also allow us to build more features faster because we will only have to build them one time (rather than rebuilding once per site).
- Will this classic site always exist?
No, we will be gradually decommissioning this site when it is no longer needed.
- Where can I provide feedback on the new site?