Fortress Press Luther Studies Collection (11 vols.)
por 13 autores Althaus, Paul, Luther, Martin, Helmer, Christine, Gritsch, Eric W., Wengert, Timothy J., Torvend, Samuel, Kittelson, James M., Nestingen, James A., Lohse, Bernhard, Janz, Denis R., Mattox, Mickey L., Bielfeldt, Dennis, Hinlicky, Paul R.
Fortress Press 1966–2010
Martin Luther remains one of the most prominent Christian thinkers and theologians of all time. His influence changed the course of Christendom and Western history in the sixteenth century, being the founder of the Protestant Reformation. In addition, Luther was a translator, a professor, a monk, a priest, and a husband and father. This collection from Augsburg Fortress contains accessible and academic works on a variety of topics relating to Luther’s life, impact, and theology. It also includes two of Luther’s works, On Christian Liberty: The Freedom of a Christian and An Open Letter to Pope Leo X, volumes that continue to inspire and inform Christians today.
There are several books outlining Luther’s theology in detail, providing a foundation for understanding the Protestant Reformation and how it applies to modern-day believers. These volumes are perfect for scholars or laity alike, being highly readable and informative. The Fortress Press Luther Studies Collection is essential for any study of the Christian faith in both a historical sense and for current thought on Christian living. Included are two comprehensive biographies of Luther, giving valuable context and background.
- In-depth introduction to Luther and his influence
- Provides historical context and background
- Detailed analysis of Luther’s theology
- A History of Lutheranism, 2nd ed.
- The Global Luther: A Theologian for Modern Times
- Martin Luther: A Life
- Luther and the Hungry Poor: Gathered Fragments
- The Substance of Faith: Luther’s Doctrinal Theology for Today
- Martin Luther’s Theology: Its Historical and Systematic Development
- Title: Fortress Press Luther Studies Collection (11 vols.)
- Publisher: Augsburg Fortress
- Volumes: 11
- Pages: 3,348