The Expositor’s Bible Commentary (EBC) (12 vols.)
por 50 autores Gaebelein, Frank E., Kaiser, Walter C., Jr., Harris, Robert Laird, Allen, Ronald Barclay, Sailhamer, John, Wolf, Herbert, Huey, F. B., Jr., Youngblood, Ronald F., Madvig, Donald H., Kalland, Earl S., Patterson, Richard D., Payne, J. Barton, Austel, Hermann, Smick, Elmer B., Yamauchi, Edwin M., Ross, Allen P., Kinlaw, Dennis F., Wright, J. Stafford, VanGemeren, Willem A., Grogan, Geoffrey W., Alexander, Ralph H., Ellison, H. L., Alden, Robert L., Barker, Kenneth L., Walker, Larry, Wood, Leon J., Archer, Gleason L., Jr., McComiskey, Thomas E., Armerding, Carl E., Carson, D. A., Liefeld, Walter L., Wessel, Walter W., Tenney, Merrill Chapin, Longenecker, Richard N., Harris, Murray J., Boice, James Montgomery, Mare, W. Harold, Harrison, Everett F., Thomas, Robert L., Vaugn, Curtis, Wood, A. Skevington, Earle, Ralph, Rupprecht, Arthur A., Hiebert, D. Edmond, Kent, Homer A., Jr., Morris, Leon, Johnson, Alan F., Blum, Edwin A., Burdick, Donald W., Barker, Glenn W.
The Gold Medallion Award–winning Expositor’s Bible Commentary is a major contribution to the study and understanding of the Scriptures. Providing pastors and Bible students with a comprehensive and scholarly tool for the exposition of the Scriptures and the teaching and proclamation of their message, this 12-volume reference work has become a staple of seminary and college libraries and pastors’ studies worldwide.
The Expositor’s Bible Commentary uses the New International Version for its English text, but also refers freely to other translations and to the original languages. Each book of the Bible has, in addition to its exposition, an introduction, outline, and bibliography. Notes on textual questions and special problems are correlated with the expository units; transliteration and translation of Semitic and Greek words make the more technical notes accessible to readers unacquainted with the biblical languages. In matters where marked differences of opinion exist, commentators, while stating their own convictions, deal fairly and irenically with opposing views.
- Transliterations make the Expositor’s Bible Commentary accessible for English-only study
- Introduction to authorship and historical issues
- Outlines of each book of the Bible
- Exposition and notes on the entire Bible
- Detailed bibliography
- Advanced search features of Logos Bible Software make the Expositor’s Bible Commentary more accessible than ever
- All Scripture references linked to the Bibles in your library
- Results from the Expositor’s Bible Commentary appear in Passage Guides and other reports in Logos Bible Software
Praise for the Print Edition
If you are eager to get a complete commentary set, I think the Expositor’s Bible Commentary is probably the best of the bunch for your money.
—Paul Westervelt, Discipleship Journal
The single work that I recommend to cover the whole Bible is The Expositor’s Bible Commentary.
—Emmaus Journal, Emmaus Bible College
- Introductory Articles: General, Old Testament, New Testament
- Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers
- Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel
- 1 & 2 Kings, 1 & 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Job
- Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs
- Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel
- Title: Expositor’s Bible Commentary
- Publisher: Zondervan
- General Editor: Frank E. Gaebelein
- Volumes: 12
- Pages: 10,078
About Frank E. Gaebelein
Frank E. Gaebelein for many years held the position of headmaster of the Stony Brook School. He was coeditor of Christianity Today and devoted himself to editing, writing, and speaking.