The Works of H.A. Ironside contains 65 volumes of the most important sermons, commentaries, and writings from one of America’s most influential preachers—now including the complete set of Ironside commentaries!
Inspired by Dwight Moody, Ironside comforted and challenged a generation of evangelicals during two world wars and an economic depression. He spoke to a lay audience, and made the Bible understandable and accessible to as many people as possible, earning himself the title, “the Archbishop of fundamentalism.” His preaching blurs the line between sermonizing and storytelling, and his commentaries are filled with examples and anecdotes that made sense to his readers, then and now. A lack of formal education never stopped Ironside from becoming a prolific writer and influential thinker. In all, he wrote nearly one hundred books and preached thousands of sermons in front of millions of people. His sermons were heard widely on the radio, and thousands more were distributed around the world in pamphlets and tracts.
Now, Ironside’s first edition commentaries and his most-loved sermons and addresses are available in this singular collection, giving you access to the works of one of America’s greatest preachers and one of fundamentalism’s most prolific writers. This set includes 32 commentaries and dozens of sermons, along with lectures, addresses, and tracts which cover the most pressing theological and social topics from his time and ours. Topics covered include eschatology, prophecy, pneumatology, prayer, and the holiness movement, along with his impassioned sermons and lectures.
What’s more, with the Logos edition of The Works of H.A. Ironside and the powerful tools in your Logos Bible Software library, the words which changed the history of American evangelicalism are now available at the click of a mouse! The accessibility of Ironside’s writings and the power of his words make The Works of H.A. Ironside ideal for anyone interested in preaching, dispensationalism, and practical commentaries on nearly every book of the Bible.
- 64 books, plus 25 shorter pamphlets and tracts
- Hundreds of sermons
- The original first editions of Ironside’s commentaries
Praise for the Print Edition
[Ironside] was a brilliant man, but he preached with simplicity.
—J. V. McGee, Through the Bible Radio Program
Harry Ironside is a great example of a preacher full of God’s Word.
—R. Kent Hughes, Acts: The Church Afire
- Title: The Works of H. A. Ironside
- Author: H. A. Ironside
- Volumes: 65
- Pages: More than 6,000
- Addresses on the Book of Joshua
- Notes on the Book of Ezra
- Notes on the Book of Nehemiah
- Notes on the Book of Esther
- Studies on Book One of the Psalms
- Notes on the Book of Proverbs
- Addresses on the Song of Solomon
- Expository Notes on the Prophet Isaiah
- Notes on the Prophecy and Lamentations of Jeremiah
- Expository Notes on Ezekiel the Prophet
- Lectures on Daniel the Prophet
- Notes on the Minor Prophets
- Expository Notes on the Gospel of Matthew
- Expository Notes on the Gospel of Mark
- Addresses on the Gospel of Luke
- Addresses on the Gospel of John
- Lectures on the Book of Acts
- Lectures on the Epistle to the Romans
- Addresses on the First Epistle to the Corinthians
- Addresses on the Second Epistle to the Corinthians
- Expository Messages on the Epistle to the Galatians
- In the Heavenlies: Practical Expository Addresses on the Epistle to the Ephesians
- Notes on the Epistle to the Philippians
- Lectures on the Epistle to the Colossians
- Addresses on the First and Second Epistles of Thessalonians
- Addresses on the First and Second Epistles of Timothy, Titus, and Philemon
- Studies in the Epistle to the Hebrews
- Expository Notes on the Epistle of James
- Expository Notes on the Epistles of Peter
- Addresses on the Epistles of John
- An Exposition of the Epistle of Jude
- Lectures on the Book of Revelation
- The Poems of H.A. Ironside
- The Continual Burnt Offering
- Full Assurance: A Series of Messages for Anxious Souls
- Four Golden Hours
- The Mission of the Holy Spirit
- Praying in the Holy Spirit
- Care for God’s Fruit Trees
- Holiness: The False and the True
- Letters to a Roman Catholic Priest
- The Four Hundred Silent Years
- The Midnight Cry!
- Life Laid Down: A Brief Memoir of Fannie M. Arthur
- Setting the Stage for the Last Act of the Great World Drama
- Setting the Stage for the Last Act of the Great World Drama, revised edition
- The Mass Versus the Lord’s Supper
- Looking Backward Over a Third of a Century of Prophetic Fulfillment
- Sailing With Paul: Simple Papers for Young Christians
- Divine Priorities and Other Messages
- The Unchanging Christ and Other Sermons
- The Teaching of the So-called Plymouth Brethren: Is it Scriptural?
- Baptism: What Saith the Scripture?
- Lectures on the Levitical Offerings
- What Think Ye of Christ?
- Adders’ Eggs and Spider’s Webs, or Human Theories vs. Divine Revelation
- Salvation and Reward
- The Eternal Security of the Believer
- The Only Begotten Son
- The Oxford Group Movement: Is it Scriptural?
- Not Wrath… But Rapture
- Wrongly Dividing the Word of Truth
- Death and Afterwards
- Great Words of the Gospel
- Pamphlets and Short Works by H.A. Ironside
Pamphlets and Short Works by H.A. Ironside
- Author: H.A. Ironside
- Pages: 236
About H. A. Ironside
Harry Allen Ironside, one of the twentieth century’s greatest preachers, was born in Toronto, Canada on October 14, 1876. Though his education stopped with grammar school, his fondness for reading and a retentive memory put his learning to use. His scholarship was recognized in academic circles when he received honorary degrees from Wheaton College and Bob Jones University and was invited as frequent lecturer at Dallas Theological Seminary. Dr. Ironside was appointed to the boards of numerous Bible institutes, seminaries, and Christian organizations. He also served as director of the Africa Inland Mission.
Ironside preached widely throughout the United States and abroad. He served as pastor of Moody Memorial Church from 1930 to 1948, and during his lifetime, he preached more than 7,000 sermons to over 1.25 million listeners.